• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Product - BC Broncos Fiberglass doors are here finally

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The fiberglass doors that we have been working on for the last 4+ years have finally been made. Also a full fiberglass door. They should be ready to ship in about 3 weeks

Attachments

• roadstardoor.jpg
    roadstardoor.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 1,391

Pirate EB

Loc.
Cary, NC
I like those a lot. Any ideas on pricing yet? I think a fiberglass stock looking door (without the window frame) would be cool too.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
They will both be available in about 3 weeks The roadstar door will be $345 and the full doors will be $295. I hope to have more pictures up by the end of the day.

71 BRNCO

Chuck-
Great Idea and very innovative. I think a lighweight half door with no frames is a great idea since I am working on a steel set. My real question stands in the finish of the door. esp the edges. I know you stand behind quality but alot of fiberglass molds leave much to be desired. any pics of the sides and edges of the doors.
Great work keeping our broncos looking good
kyle

72bronco

Bronco Guru
It would be even better if there was a half soft door that could be used with your fiberglass doors. The only thing that would keep me from buying them would be not having a way to use them in poor weather.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
It's coming, the tops have been planned for as long as the doors
72bronco said:
It would be even better if there was a half soft door that could be used with your fiberglass doors. The only thing that would keep me from buying them would be not having a way to use them in poor weather.

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
YES!!! TOPS TOPS TOPS. The window frame is the worst designed thing in our rigs as far as I'm concerned. What on earth was Ford thinking with that one?
Luckely my 68's are removable but it's still a PITA, and I found out the hard way you have to take the glass out with the frames. :eek:
Something like a Heep soft door top with either a standard door or the door style you have above would be the ultimate addition to a soft toped all weather Bronco without having to have inserts and soft doors.
Will there be a way to attach the door tops to a stock door?

chuck said:
It's coming, the tops have been planned for as long as the doors

The Hog

Are the doors sheet molded compound or fiberglass? What is the backing material used in the hinge area (wood or steel)? Nice to see the progress!

Loc.
Salt Lake City
chuck said:
They will both be available in about 3 weeks The roadstar door will be $345 and the full doors will be $295. I hope to have more pictures up by the end of the day.

Whats the difference? Is the roadster door with the door inserts? and the full door without the inserts? Or am I just confused?

Little71

Looking at the various pics online it looks like there is the roadster door. This is basically a full door minus the window frame and wing wing window. The other is a different verison of that, that is cut lower. Kinda half way between a typical door insert and the roadster door. Both will use some kind of stock type door hinge and latch.

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
chuck said:
The fiberglass doors that we have been working on for the last 4+ years have finally been made. Also a full fiberglass door. They should be ready to ship in about 3 weeks

I assume these are intended to function like the full size doors (latching/hinged). I'm wondering how hard they would be to step over if molded to the body. Any speculation? It's hard to get an idea how tall they are w/o being mounted. Thanks and great looking product.

J. R.

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
I think these are the same doors that Chuck has pictured on his web site under the category "body & trim". It shows a picture mounted on his truck with the door open and closed.

Very nice looking doors!