• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Product - BC Broncos Fiberglass doors are here finally

smorton

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
Will these work with the 66? From what I understand the striker is in a different position and older doors are not compatible.

smorton

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
Will these work with the 66? From what I understand the striker is in a different position and newer doors are not compatible.

Labbster

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see pics when installed. I have been holding out buying inserts...........this looks like my solution.

IronBenderII

Hey Chuck, do you mean to tell me you don't manufacture everything onsite? You should be ashamed!

Looks to me like the parts you've been developing (not just reselling like much of the Bronco world) are made in the good ol US of A.

Hey unregistered, no offense but you're an ass.

Chuck, can you get just skins (I hate to just buy things and bolt them on...)

Jack

Howdy

Loc.
Folsom, Ca
IronBenderII said:
Hey unregistered, no offense but you're an ass.

I agree 100%

In fact I would like to see Admin disable that feature, so people have to register before posting. I really see no reason people have to post as unregistered unless they are trying to be a shmuck and not let everyone in on who they are

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Howdy said:
I agree 100%

In fact I would like to see Admin disable that feature, so people have to register before posting. I really see no reason people have to post as unregistered unless they are trying to be a shmuck and not let everyone in on who they are

Yes, I too agree. But then the "Unregistered" person can hide behind a Fake profile and bogus info. Then if anyone wanted to talk crap, they just do it that way.

So, leaving it this way. We know how much weight to give a "Unregister" comment.

The otherway, Jon would have bogus membership (Which I am sure still happens).

So, I don't think there is a quick fix for integrity.

Fathom

IronBenderII

Fathom said:
Yes, I too agree. But then the "Unregistered" person can hide behind a Fake profile and bogus info. Then if anyone wanted to talk crap, they just do it that way.

So, leaving it this way. We know how much weight to give a "Unregister" comment.

The otherway, Jon would have bogus membership (Which I am sure still happens).

So, I don't think there is a quick fix for integrity.

Fathom

It's like locking your car. It keeps an honest man from going bad but doesn't keep the real bad guys from steeling it. I agree disable it. If somebody only has 1 post, you know how much that means. Also, IP addresses are logged, so they can run a report on duplicate IP's with one account less than X amount of posts.

Jack

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Yeah IronBenderII,

But it is a lot of work for Jon and the IP idea only work on people with static IPs. We can also talk about spoofing IPs. Besides a person with 1 or 2 votes could be a newbee.

Locks & Rules keep the Honest man Honest and I like to think we have a lot of Honest people here (I'm in Dream Land %) )

Just read the thread:
http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=487549#post487549

But if people won't sign their names to a comment, we can't force them. But we can ignore them IMHO :cool:

Fathom

SORRY! I think we are way off subject. Chuck, we luv what products you make available to us!

Last edited:

Little71

I am little confused here. I agree that people talking crap while unregistered is pretty chicken sh*t, but I fail to see where this person was talking crap. He/she/it was pointing out where these things were made, and that by one of the early Bronco worlds main suppliers of fiberglass goodies. And besides, those on BCs site looks a bit different then the green pic posted at the top of the thread and on the Terracomp site. Go figure.

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Unregistered 1 said:
no offense but arnt these the people that make them

http://terracomp.us/BroncoDoorInserts.htm

Little71,

I think when you start with the preface ...."No Offense".... and you say it from the safe area....."unregistered".....but since it may offend someone, you don't want to put your name to it. No repercussions this way.

I guess how things are said (through typed words) lose all the voice inflections that we normally use to interpret the message. Here all we have are our bad spelling, bad english, and bad jokes....and things get miss interpreted.

Fathom

Little71

My guess would be that it was to just point out who is actually producing them and correct a potential misconception. I don't really see a need for everyone to get so defensive. Funny how no one has even acknowledged what the unregistered person brought up. Terracomp is making them, and since they are on their website, I would assume that they will be available to at least a few other vendors, not just one. Has anyone called any of the other vendors to find out? Or was the point just to flame first and ask questions later? :eek:

Little71

Fathom,
I agree, probably not the best way to preface a question if that isn't the point. It was interesting to see what other goodies Terracomp (formerly Malotte) has in store for us Broncites. Those Snoop Doors look cool.

IronBenderII

what's there for a possible misconception? They're being sold for the same price. Most parts that Chuck and others sell are made by other companies. Often it takes a person like Chuck to pay the $$ to get the molds/dies made up. His quarter panel protectors are not made in his shop either. So what's the point? No matter how you look at it, it was a stab at a blow and unnecessary.

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Things could have been handled differently as the victim Chuck pointed out.

Now lets get back to the doors, I would like to see them on a bronco.

My 66 roadster (per vin) has regular doors, so I think I would like to go to inserts, but since I am a big guy (6'2" 300). I worry about being able to get in & out. I don't know anyone with inserts either.

So maybe these doors would be more functional and kind of keep the roadster look.

I am conflicted on what to do, since it is so stock and they are considered so rare....

Fathom

MisFitToy

Loc.
Calif
Ok, I'm not going to get involved with the whole victim or blasting BS. I will say this, though. After looking at the Chuck's Web site and the picture posted there and looking at the terra web site then checking Wild Horses web site, I see this. Chuck's web site has a set that is not the same as the ones on Terra Web site. Now the one's on Terra are the same as the one on Wild Horses site. So this would tell me that Wild Horses and terra are the same because they look the same. Then there are Chucks, which are different, not better or less, JUST DIFFERENT! SO I ask Chuck this: Since the ones on your site are not the same design as the ones on the terra site or the ones on Wild Horses site, are they still made by Terra? I ask because I know Terra makes a very high quality product (not saying you don't) and I know for me I need to get the best bang for what little bucks I have. I am only looking for more info... :cool:

Landshark

Loc.
California
IronBenderII said:
what's there for a possible misconception? They're being sold for the same price. Most parts that Chuck and others sell are made by other companies. Often it takes a person like Chuck to pay the $$ to get the molds/dies made up. His quarter panel protectors are not made in his shop either. So what's the point? No matter how you look at it, it was a stab at a blow and unnecessary.

I see that saying something like that unregistered would
not carry very much weight, but I guess it's all in the way one wants to read into the type.
Not sure what to say, I guess it doesn't matter who makes it, or who takes credit for making it, just as long as it's a quality made product is all that matters.