• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Product - BC Broncos Fiberglass doors are here finally

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I sure don't see where it matters who makes the doors. I'm sure if someone asked Chuck before they bought them he would tell them who makes them. It is the same with his hoods. I bought one from him and he told me who made it. He told me that I could buy it direct as well. Every vendor out there sells something that someone else made. Dennis Carpenter is a very good example. he makes nice reproduction rockers. There are at least five vendors who sell those rockers and they all ask the same price. Guess where they came from ? That post was just not called for. That same person very well have come on and said " Are those the same doors that so and so sells ? " and it would have sounded like a real question not just someone stirring stuff up.
That was just a case of someone trying to make someone else look bad , plain and simple.

My own opinion is this... There are NOT many vendors who come to this web site to help with questions. ALL questions, not just those that have to do with his products. I'll give him a pat on the back for that no matter whos products he sells. I try to support the people who help support this site and he does more than his fair share. Who really cares if HE made the doors ? :)

MisFitToy

Loc.
Calif
2badrotties said:
I sure don't see where it matters who makes the doors. I'm sure if someone asked Chuck before they bought them he would tell them who makes them. It is the same with his hoods. I bought one from him and he told me who made it. He told me that I could buy it direct as well. Every vendor out there sells something that someone else made. Dennis Carpenter is a very good example. he makes nice reproduction rockers. There are at least five vendors who sell those rockers and they all ask the same price. Guess where they came from ? That post was just not called for. That same person very well have come on and said " Are those the same doors that so and so sells ? " and it would have sounded like a real question not just someone stirring stuff up.
That was just a case of someone trying to make someone else look bad , plain and simple.

My own opinion is this... There are NOT many vendors who come to this web site to help with questions. ALL questions, not just those that have to do with his products. I'll give him a pat on the back for that no matter whos products he sells. I try to support the people who help support this site and he does more than his fair share. Who really cares if HE made the doors ? :)

I usually do not post much so please excuse me if I am not sure here, which is why I am asking.... Were you talking about my post?

MISFIT!

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
MisFitToy said:
I usually do not post much so please excuse me if I am not sure here, which is why I am asking.... Were you talking about my post?

MISFIT!

Nope, just talking in general. I was just pointing out that MOST vendors sell someone elses products. I , just like everyone else have a choice on where to purchase those same parts.

If I started a thread and said " 2badrotties BONDO for sale " , it wouldn't mean I made the bondo, just that I have some available ! ;D

MisFitToy

Loc.
Calif
2badrotties said:
Nope, just talking in general. I was just pointing out that MOST vendors sell someone elses products. I , just like everyone else have a choice on where to purchase those same parts.

If I started a thread and said " 2badrotties BONDO for sale " , it wouldn't mean I made the bondo, just that I have some available ! ;D

OK Badrotties, I just wanted to make sure because I was only pointing out that the pictures are different, which could mean the product is different, the vendor is different or maybe just the design is different. As a consumer, Just as you are I am sure you would like to know just as I would like to know, which product is for sale. When a picture on a company web site is different then the picture posted by the owner, one could get confused as to which one is the product for sale. As you can see the design or style or make, how ever you want to call it, is different. I am only asking which is which, dumb question, bad question, offensive question, I don't think so, especially when I am only trying to be an informed comsumer.

MisFitToy

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
2badrotties said:
...." 2badrotties BONDO for sale " , it wouldn't mean I made the bondo, just that I have some available ! ;D

Mass Buy? How muh do you have available? Got Pics?

My poor attempt to hange the subject ;D

Fathom

IronBenderII

MisFitToy said:
Ok, I'm not going to get involved with the whole victim or blasting BS. I will say this, though. After looking at the Chuck's Web site and the picture posted there and looking at the terra web site then checking Wild Horses web site, I see this. Chuck's web site has a set that is not the same as the ones on Terra Web site. Now the one's on Terra are the same as the one on Wild Horses site. So this would tell me that Wild Horses and terra are the same because they look the same. Then there are Chucks, which are different, not better or less, JUST DIFFERENT! SO I ask Chuck this: Since the ones on your site are not the same design as the ones on the terra site or the ones on Wild Horses site, are they still made by Terra? I ask because I know Terra makes a very high quality product (not saying you don't) and I know for me I need to get the best bang for what little bucks I have. I am only looking for more info... :cool:

Um, Chuck has already confirmed that Terra makes his doors... Could be a new design? I don't know.

Jack

MisFitToy

Loc.
Calif
IronBenderII said:
Um, Chuck has already confirmed that Terra makes his doors... Could be a new design? I don't know.

Jack

Well Jack, My point is that they do not look like the terra doors nor does the pic he posted in here look like the one's on his web site. Confused, I am, which is why I asked. Now we can all go back and forth on this, and NO DISRESPECT to anyone, but Chuck is the only one who can answer my question. Which is simply are the door the style in the pic that you posted here, or the style you have posted in your web site. If they are the style on your web site then is terra the ones making them? I ask because I would like to know if there are going to be TWO different styles to choose from or just the one style that terra shows on their web site??????

MisFit

?:?

IronBenderII

Well, he's leaving for Baja in the morning to run the 1000. I'll ask him while we're down there.

I think these might be new or developed for him. We had some skins made up for his racer (stock are way too heavy). We also had side skins made for the racer, so those are available as well. Made by those people but developed for Chuck at his request.

Jack

70bronco

Loc.
Kingsburg, CA
I believe the picture of the doors on BC's website are the old version they use to sell. There was a problem on the manufacturing end that made them no longer available. The Terra doors are the new version BC sells and it would seem that they had some input from Chuck as they are close in design.

Loc.
Salt Lake City
Hey Chuck, so I see the pictures of these doors. They look cool. How reinforced are they? Heavy wise? Do they come in steel? Do they have any type of protection? What extra hardware do you need? I am fairly sure this answer is a yes, but they work without the inserts right? Thank you.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Sorry about the delay, I have been very busy lately. The doors on my site are the old design, the ones I am selling are are posted at the top of this post. The doors do not have side crash protection just like the stock doors. They only come in fiberglass.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I do care about the comments made and who produces what products. I know Chuck came out with the cut down doors comericially several years ago. due to problems they went away. Now they are back in a refined form and available. What I do care about is wether B.C Bronco's is getting a royality on each item sold. This issue is between the manufacturer and Chuck but it really chaps my hide when someone develops a new product and test markets the item and someone else jumps in the band wagon and cuts the original developer out of the loop. This happens alot in narrow speciality markets and I hope in this perticular case Chuck gets what he rightfuly deserves. When developers get what they deserve we all profit in they are much more willing to develop new products that benefit us all. As for no name posters they should be banned. or give them a no name forum to which they can hide behind and make all the comments they want.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I'm O.K. with terra making the new doors. Russell came down and looked at my prototypes and we tallked about the changes that were needed and you can see the results. The down side is I will not be the only one selling them but I can live with that. It's a live and learn thing. They will use the stock hinges or the liftoff hinges. They are not used with inserts. They are stronger than the prototype doors

blksn8k

Maybe this was already stated and I just missed it...but will there be soft windows to go with the non-cutdown roadster style doors? Also, I have the STC top that I purchased during an earlier mass buy but I haven't installed it yet. If there is going to be a soft window option will it work with this type of top? Keep up the good work, Chuck. :cool:

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Chuck,

That is music to my ears! As soon as you get those uppers going, I know what will be on my Christmas List!!!!!

Thanks for always keeping us with the best-bronco stuff!

MnkyBiz