• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Product Poll- Dash Lights???

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
I am trying to get a poll of who would buy some new dash lights that came in the 73-77 Broncos. Hopefully one of the vendors will read this and say "Hey, that's a good idea. Let's start making some." SO, if you want to see some reproductions for your old, corroded, burned out, or broken ones that you can't find anywhere- Speak up...

kntr

Bronco Guru
I like the stock ones. I just put new bulbs in mine and they are great. I pulled the shade piece out and now they are really bright.

If they were made with LEDs Id be in.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
ARE you talking about the ones that say heater or defrost those lights
I broke one set of mine before I GOT THEM OUT ...

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Don't have any on my '69, but they would be a good idea to reproduce. I don't think I've ever seen a correctly working set.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
I could use some, my dash is painted and lookin' good but those old ones look terrible!

OP
OP
broncosbybart

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
yep papitt, the ones that say heater and all that- and funny you should mention breaking one. they're a bear to get out in one piece if you don't have the dash out of the truck. seems that Ford made them with the idea being 'planned obsolescence.' i could use about 4 sets of them right now..

kntr

Bronco Guru
Just take the bulbs out and go to radio shack and get new bulbs. It is super easy to fix. Then take the black plastic piece out and they are really bright. Take a little steel wool to the chrome bezel and they look new and are brighter than new.

An aftermarket set would be cool though if they were billet and LED.

Last edited:

pikapp691

What's the best way to get the stock bulbs out and to replace? Right now I have no lights on inside and it dark as hell!!

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
BroncoBeast2004 said:
What's the best way to get the stock bulbs out and to replace? Right now I have no lights on inside and it dark as hell!!

There is no good way.

fwilder

I have a original set that work. :p My whole dash works, well except for my speedo.