• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Product Poll- Dash Lights???

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
I had some engineers where I work go through mine, and they converted them to LED...looks great-but the light is more focus in one area, it doesn't flood the lens with light. They are bright,Chuck

jdrambo

Loc.
Boothwyn, PA
I had some engineers where I work go through mine, and they converted them to LED...looks great-but the light is more focus in one area, it doesn't flood the lens with light. They are bright,Chuck

I'd be in for a set... and BLAZINCHUCK do you have any pics of what they did??

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
When I knock off work, I will take them out to get a pic and then post it on here for ya'll.Thanks,Chuck

treetopflyer

Loc.
Yuma
I've been looking for these lights for a long time. I ditto the notion of repo's with uniform LED lighting. Wish I had the knowledge to design, cast and produce these myself, I'm sure there are plenty of folks that would like to install or replace their existing pieces.

Last edited:

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
sorry guys, I forgot about the pics...been swaping from a C4 to a np435..will try to do later,Chuck

jwh

I'd be interested for sure. I don't know why someone hasn't done this by now.

jwh

la77

Loc.
Alexandria LA
I would buy some If they were reasonably priced!! which I doubt they would be if totally fabbed from scratch. I'm sure that would not be cheap for vendors to repo those. I think It would be a good idea for one of the vendors to start to "refurbish" them and require good core for those out there that aren't good at doing stuff like that. there are alot of bronco people out there that pay other people to do all their repairs for them because they lack the mechanical skill or desire to fabricate or repair.

OP
OP
broncosbybart

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
i'm planning on showing this thread to the guys at dennis carpenters for the show and shine in a few weeks. appreciate the input. i'd like to see them coming up with something for us.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Ok guys, here are some pics...sorry not real clear. But I show how brite they are with out the lens cover and a pic of them in the off without cover to see the wiring. Hope this helps. The guys at my work hooked me up and they said they were willing to help others out. It started when I was doing the frame off and some of the original wires were broke inside the lens housing-they said "just use these LEDs...I said make it happen! Sorry it took so long,Chuck

Attachments

• 4x4 pics 723.jpg
    4x4 pics 723.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 4x4 pics 724.jpg
    4x4 pics 724.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 93

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
The only thing that kinda bugs me...the other lights in the gauges are old and yellow compared to these and everything is new.Does anyone make replacment bulbs for those in LED?

what do ya think??Chuck

Last edited: