• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

new radius arm installation?

Jfly13

Loc.
Lockwood, Mo.
Ok, i just finished tearing apart my bronco's rearend for the first time to install a new mini spool and replace the seals and bearing. For the most part that went well with some help of others. Now I am getting ready to install a new wristed radius arm and a new driver side radius arm that has added support on it. This is going to be another first for me. Is there any instructions that some one might now of or tips when removing stock radius arms and installing new onses? If you guys can give me any help or links to tech articles that will help me that would be great. I was really intimdated before I started working with the rear axles and diff, but after I did it, it wasn't to bad. I hope this will be the same.

vuke

Loc.
Red Bank, NJ
Make sure you have the C bushings in the right positions. they should be labled. Start all the bolts before tightening any of them and tighten them in a cross pattern. This will allow them to seat properly. They can be a pain in the ass to get started sometimes. There is also a tech article here about bronco lean but it does have some good tips for the radius arm bushings because they are the usual culprit to that problem.
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/tech_faqs_bronco_lean.asp

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
Thats a Second on the bushings. They are labled top & bottom make sure you get them in properly. There is really not text book way to install them, they way I did mine everybody thinks I am lucky to still be alive. All you have to do is find a way that works for you

70_Steve

Old Guy
Read and understand the Bronco Lean article at the link posted above. Also, to help get the c-bushings seated correctly, clean the inside of the radius arm and c-cap, and the axle wedges. Then use some type of lubricant on the c-bushings.