• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WH radius arm installation, wtf?

PsYcHoBrOnCo

Loc.
Fort Worth, Tx
I bought my extended Radius arms from JBGY. They had a tab that went to the inside of the frame rail and used an existing tapped bolt hole to position the mounts. Are you sure your mounts don't have this?

Chris B.
They don't have that bracket you are talking about. The WH brackets are just a "H" channel type bracket that you measure center Eye hole to reference point on the frame, then bolt/weld.....which ever you prefer.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I would call WH and have a discussion with them just to be sure before you either drill the frame or start welding. If you get them in the wrong position, then you are going to be hating life when it comes time to mount the axel & springs. Mine went together nicely except that I found out they sent me the wrong springs with my new arms. I also found out the JBGY radius arms have a 1.5" lift build into them (after the fact). So I ended up using 2.5" front springs giving me 4" of lift in the front. Good luck!

Western Okie

Loc.
Leedey,Oklahoma
golly, I was not being a smartass. I even depricated myself in my comment you quoted. Hell, I could be offended because you called me a smartass and dumb in your reply. Grow a set. If you want to see smartass go over to Pirate and look.

This damn keyboard is the worst communication device EVER!

My original comment would NOT have been taken as smart-ass if we were all standing around drinking beer together. We would have been laughing together. Don't you people joke around with friends?

I'll just go back to lurking so you won't be afraid to ask questions Okie :p %)

Oh yeah i can set around and joke and drink beer with rest of them,but when you dont know the person commenting and looking at a computer is alot different. Kinda take it wrong

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
I'll just go back to lurking so you won't be afraid to ask questions Okie :p %)

Now go spank your hand with a ruler and go sit in the corner for 15 minutes, and you had better not turn around and look at that computer.

JHD

Loc.
Colorado Springs
Oh yeah i can set around and joke and drink beer with rest of them,but when you dont know the person commenting and looking at a computer is alot different. Kinda take it wrong

I am a major smart ass as are most of my friends. Nothing gets done around us without degrading comments. I find myself typing numerous responses here then not posting because I know someone is going to take it the wrong way. I have no intention of offending anyone but some are just not used to or do not appreciate what I would call comical criticism It takes some of the fun out of the site for me but oh well....

I used arms from JBG that bolted in location using an existing hole. This eliminated the guss work for me. You can measure from any point you like if the new bracket is the same size as the orginal.. front to front / back to back.. If the new bracket is a different size measure from the center of the bracket where the arm mounts. If this doesn't work give Whild Horses a call they have great customer support. If you still need some help read any of the other 20+ post that say the exact thing I just said.

Couldn't resist;D

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't be afraid to ask questions. And don't be afraid to laugh either. Once upon a time I may have needed a push to just get into it. I've never liked bullies but I didn't see any real bullying going on in this one.

I think what I also didn't see was, "hey man, just go for it!" Sometimes it helps me to draw a picture first. Get wire bound notebook and keep all of your drawings and notes in it.

Remember this, it gets less scary everytime. Measure twice, weld/cut once. Buy a box of sharpies.

Hey man, go for it! Worst thing that can happen is you have to move one.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This damn keyboard is the worst communication device EVER!

Amen to that.

Someone mentioned checking with WH first. They would have probably rathered you done that before saying thier instructions sucked, but that's your opinion which you are entitled to. I have called them on numerous accassions and always found them helpful and able to resolve my problem.

Anyway...good luck...looks like you have received a lot of good help.

RFR2212

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
Am I the only one giggling a little?
:)
I've had worse moments though.

Why do people have to be such smartasses??? Hell im scared to ask any questions on here. Like i was always told though, no question is a dumb one but replies like Marks are.

Heck, what happened?!?! I don't follow this board like I do others. This certainly isn't Pirate4x4, where they'll nail you to a cross in certain forums. However, this really wasn't that mean, so if people were offened by this minor comment, people need to thicken their skin... Certainly others answered the question and he just took a light jab. No biggie!

Western Okie, if you're worried to post here.. keep laying low... This is a very friendly site. Alot of other ones are alot more brutal. Hang in there, and ask away with questions. People will give you the info you need in the end.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
OK ,I'm laughing now .... not at the question , but at the direction this thread has taken. Simple question ...simple answers ....just three pages worth. :)

By the way , I know Mark , he is a great guy and I can assure you he meant no offense. Plus , he did mention he has asked his share of stupid questions also.
Haven't we all ?

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
mark, you and bull dozer go ahead and laff your ass off. im tryin to get some help here,

If you have never asked a question before that was funny to someone, then you must not have posted on many of these boards. This is about the nicest board out there and most of these guys seem to have a good sense of humor....why don't you try to join that frame of mind and be prepared to laugh at yourself now and then. We all get brain locked from time to time and ask a question that has an obvious answer, I know I sure have. You have received a dozen answers to your question here, along with a few light hearted comments......that sure beats most of the other boards! Lighten up.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
This thread could have started much worse. Considering the following it's not bad. I have seen the following post "My turn signal does not work, anyone know why?" and no other information. I can work around mis spelled words and wrong nomenclature but need a little more info than that.:)