• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NEW SEATS Delivered! Fixed back suspension seat or reclining suspension seat?

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Trying to decide between the PRP daily driver seats which do not recline or the Corbeau RS which is not available with lumbar.

what say you?

Ben

Last edited:

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
I had a reclining seat in mine for a while, it didn't go back very far without hitting stuff. Check and see how much room you have first.
Tom

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Thanks Tom. I have a completeoffroad cage and the legs are bent back toward the fender well so I have quite a but of room. Recline would be nice on long trips but I think the PRP's are probably made a bit better.

Ben

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
PRP sir, since it sounds like you will be using it on the road more often than not.. ;)

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
If you're serious about your seat, get one with all of the above features: http://www.mastercraftseats.com/company.php

Be prepared to pay, but they really are pretty wonderful.

Lots of options (recline / fixed, etc), custom colors available, and an adjustable lumbar is a $60 add-on.

I've got fixed PRP premier high backs in mine.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Thanks Gummi but they are way out of my range. It's either PRP or Corbeau. I am really leaning toward the PRP seats at this moment.

Ben

BLUE72

I bought the Corbeau's about a year ago and really like them. I am 6' tall 245 pds. 38"-40" waist. I have no complaints and the shop that I bought them from was really pushing me to buy the PRP's because they had a deal on them. After sitting in them each for a while I ended up buying the Corbeau's and have no complaints and as far as quality and comfort goes. I have friends with both PRP's and corbeau's and mine seem to be wearing better.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Thanks Blue72, that is the info I was looking for. My biggest concern with either seat, is whether or not they will help my lower back from hurting. Of course I can't sit in them until after the purchase, so I am hoping for real world input.

Ben

BLUE72

I broke my back 10 years ago and have put some bad weight on. My lower back is always hurting me. My main vehicle I drive is a Dodge mega cab with leather. Every time I climb in the corbeau's in the bronco I think they are more comfortable than my Dodge's and my wifes Grand Cherokee limited seats. At the Bronco safari I had another member climb into mine who was looking at some Master crafts and after sitting in mine decided to save a few bucks and go with the corbeau's.

bobzilla

Loc.
Riverside, ca
i really don't know anything about them but a company called HUNSAKER SEATS sells some reclining suspension seats. 400 a pair. If they are comfortable i will be getting them for mine

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Bozilla, I have heard that the hunsakers are really nice and the bottoms are made of memory foam which is hard to beat. I considered them but they are out of black till they get the new run made and who know how long that will be?

Blue72, you have saved the day. I also have a dodge megacab and the seat suck big time. I replace my seat every 40K in the dodge and I also run a foam wedge made of memory foam to save my back. Looks like the Corbeaus RS seats are going to be the winner. Saves me some bucks too.

Thanks Ben

nhopman

I've got the PRP daily drivers in my rig and they are great. I've also ridden in a rig with the Corbeaus and they are good too. Comfort wise, I think either is a good choice. Mine are a little easier to get in and out of than the Corbeaus with the lower sides.

If you use PRP's sliders to mount, you can get a tilting add-odd bracket.

Nick

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
I got the Corbeau Baja RS seats that recline. I got them about the 1st of this year. I already busted the reclining mechanism on the drivers seat. So I ended up making it a fixed back seat by bolting the mechanism together. If I had a chance to do it over I'd buy the fixed back seats.

Ryan.

cap35b

Loc.
Tucson Az
If you have a chance sit in them. I was leaning twards the Corbue till I sat in one. I am 5'9" and it felt like the seat portion was way to big. I couldnt sit all the way back in the seat without my knees comming up over the front edge. the PRPs i sat in the the fixed Beard style felt more form fitting and comfy. I Also sat in a beard Enduro seat and that was it. I purchased the fronts and backs from a jeep 4x4 outfit in New mexico. got the fronts and rear bench all high back with head rests for 800 ish shipped. even the bench is very comfy. 4x4 whearhouse in tucson has a good selection of seats to sit in. I dont know if Pheonix has any place to do that.
Just my coupla pesos to confuse u with.

Cap

BLUE72

Ben
Glad I could help. Make sure that who ever you buy from gets you the newer Baja RS. The had an early run of them that I sat in which had really high bolsters. The ones I have are much lower and also sit lower in the bronco. Which is nice so you can see out of the windshield.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Cap35b, that is really the problem. The seats I am looking for, I cannot sit in before purchasing. Thats a great price of the enduro seats front and back, would you happen to have a number for the company you purchased them from?

I also called Corbeau today and they said that they changed the fabric a few years ago, to a better lasting more UV resistant material. Unless I can find a deal on the Enduro's I might be looking at the RS seats for the front and the maybe PRP for a matching rear.

I would buy a cloth set of Hunsakers today but they are out of stock for another 2 months and I don't really want to wait that long.

Thanks guys!

Ben

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Well that was quick. Just ordered a pair of fixed back Mastercraft Rubicon seats in Black/grey/black with lumbar. I realized I had a 20% off discount for first time buyers from 4wd.com
Here is the link:http://www.4wd.com/search.aspx?SH=Q...-4415-af21-6bedbea631dd&LAP=0&Action=3&Page=0

Third from the top. Goodbye back pain!

Can you say stoked!

later I will either buy the matching mastercraft rear or buy one from PRP with the matching headrests.

Thanks for the help guys!

Ben

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
New Seats!

Well I finally got new front seats! I can't wait to get them installed, going to tie them into the cage.

Whatcha think?!:eek:

Ben

Attachments

• DSC01014 (640 x 480).jpg
    DSC01014 (640 x 480).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC01015 (640 x 480).jpg
    DSC01015 (640 x 480).jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC01017 (640 x 480) (2).jpg
    DSC01017 (640 x 480) (2).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 98