• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NEW SEATS Delivered! Fixed back suspension seat or reclining suspension seat?

Louie

Bronco Guru
Sweetness! Nice interior! Looks like my old one right down to the door panels :cool:

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
I picked up some as well... a little different though. Most likely only on occasion will I be off road. Or at least that is what I think...

Just need to modify the brackets.

-Ed

Attachments

• seat1.JPG
    seat1.JPG
    254.1 KB · Views: 63
  • seat2.JPG
    seat2.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Thanks guys! Louie, I owe you one due to you telling to just spend the money and get the real deal. I have to admit I did look high and low for some salvage seats but couldn't find want I wanted. I will spare you the drama of buying these for the moment but I started out ordering the Rubicon seats and ended up with these. Not exactly the colors I wanted but they were in stock and I didn't have to wait for 4 weeks to get a pair. Anyway I am really happy with them so far (color scheme) the only thing I wanted was lumbar because of my back but the guys as mastercraft made be beleive I can add it later myself if I want too?

Can't wait to get them mounted and get some trail time on them. I still need to get a matching back seat but Mastercraft doesn't sell one with the headrest bumps that match the front, so I guess I will check on PRP whenever my ship comes in again.

Ben

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
Thanks guys! Louie, I owe you one due to you telling to just spend the money and get the real deal. I have to admit I did look high and low for some salvage seats but couldn't find want I wanted. I will spare you the drama of buying these for the moment but I started out ordering the Rubicon seats and ended up with these. Not exactly the colors I wanted but they were in stock and I didn't have to wait for 4 weeks to get a pair. Anyway I am really happy with them so far (color scheme) the only thing I wanted was lumbar because of my back but the guys as mastercraft made be beleive I can add it later myself if I want too?

Can't wait to get them mounted and get some trail time on them. I still need to get a matching back seat but Mastercraft doesn't sell one with the headrest bumps that match the front, so I guess I will check on PRP whenever my ship comes in again.

Ben

Those are sweet, Ben! I really like the look.

I kept looking for them to show up today at the office, so I figured they went to your house.

How do they set? Are they comfy?

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Chad, I have obviously got any seat time in them yet. But just sitting in the bronco on the floor (not mounted) I think they really fit good, not too snug and not to loose. Not sure about the suspension part but will find out soon as I can get them mounted. I hopeing later to add the lumbar to them maybe if I need it. I really hope they help my lower back when running offroad as even one day at Hot springs gives me trouble with the rebuilt stock seats. I am going to try to head up to STL this weekend and build some mounts at AWS shop if they have time to let me fool around? I wasn't sure about the grey backs but after seeing them in the truck I really like the color and happier than having one of the basic colors from one of the offroad shops.

Still need to figure out who to buy the rear seat from. I want a back seat with the matching headreasts to protect my daughter (thinking the worse) in case of a rearend collision. But mastercraft doesn't make a matching back seat, so it will have to be PRP or Beard?

Anyway, I can't wait to give them a try while at OCBR!

Ben

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Matching rear seat

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/MasterCraft_Baja_RS_Rear_IN_STOCK/MasterCraft

We stock a matching rear for the MasterCraft Baja RS recliner. (That's what I see in your pic) Normal lead time for MasterCraft is about 6-8 weeks but we have this one in stock.

We also have sliders and floor brackets if you need those for the fronts. The rear seat has a built in bracket which mounts in the stock rear Bronco seat holes. Excelent choice of seats, I love mine.

Jim

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I picked up some as well... a little different though. Most likely only on occasion will I be off road. Or at least that is what I think...

-Ed

Ed-

What did you get those out of? Very nice.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru

-Ed

Ed-

What did you get those out of? Very nice.

I like yours too, Ben.

Ouch on the rear seat though...$620...dollars?

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I am planning on mounting these to some 2" tube but I just sat seats on some 2x4 blocks and that is going to be too tall for me. (maybe I need the new SS windsheild frame :cool: )

Anyway, they actually fit me the best sitting right on the floor but not sure how I will tie them into the cage and keep them that low? Anybody got any ideas?

Ben

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I am planning on mounting these to some 2" tube but I just sat seats on some 2x4 blocks and that is going to be too tall for me. (maybe I need the new SS windsheild frame :cool: )

Anyway, they actually fit me the best sitting right on the floor but not sure how I will tie them into the cage and keep them that low? Anybody got any ideas?

Ben

I'm going to be in the same situation in a few weeks as mine will be cage mounted and I want sliders too. I can't see how I'll get the seats as low as they are now attached to a cage.

BTW - if anyone needs a set of nice Mastercrafts, I should have a nice set for sale in the classifieds soon.

Todd Z.

wpaeb

Loc.
Clarion ,PA
We welded a 3/16" plate to the under side of the tie in bars and mounted the seat tracks to it. O_____O

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
We welded a 3/16" plate to the under side of the tie in bars and mounted the seat tracks to it. O_____O

I've been mulling this idea over in my head too and I think that's the way we'll go too. I think I've got it figured out :) .

Todd Z.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
wpaeb,

I thought about that but was concerned about flexing. I assume yours doesn't flex?

thanks Ben

3/16" is plenty stout. I've got some 1/8" strapping material to adapt my sliders to my current seats and the flex isn't an issue.

Todd Z.