• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Soft Top - Need help choosing a name.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Crawlhyde (rhymes with rawhide)
CrawlingSkins (might be too scary)
Rubicondo (nice word play)
Stormchaser (denotes the weather worthiness)
Tempestop (more weather innuendo)
Apex Top (might be redundant)
4CZN Top (sounds like 4 Season)

The first few off the top of my head. I'll post more if they come to me. By the way, it looks like a nice product (I hadn't been following the threads on it).

Dusty

kntr

Bronco Guru
I like Tuff Tops.... The logo could be TT in some cool graphics.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Trail-Rags Covers and Tops: The ultimate in soft top design, function and durability. The top could be the Trail Rag Original and Ulitmate.

OR Saddle Rags Covers and Tops...with the same header as above.
The top could be the Saddle Rag Original and Ulitmate.

Company could be called "Horse Blankets: Custom tops for town, trail and beyond"

Versa-Top

Beyond Trail Covers: When just a soft top is not enough...

BeyondTop: Beyond fit, beyond function, beyond durability...BeyondTop

I will try to come up with some others...I know you are thinking about a specific name for this particular top, but it may help to think about the company name, logo and from there design names that fit or play on the company name.

I also like the Saddleback

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
Originally Posted by scsm76
Trailtop to go with the trail covers marketing

I thought about this but I already have what I am calling trail tops. I'm not opposed to changing the name for them though if Trail Top fits the full soft tops better

The "bikini" or "roll bar" type tops could be called Trail Shade

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
lots of good ideas out there. one that came to mind was DuraTop.
sounds like a durable product you are making.

either way, when is it available to public? i need a good soft top for one of the builds i currently have going on.

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
NicksTrix said:
lots of good ideas out there. one that came to mind was DuraTop.
sounds like a durable product you are making.

either way, when is it available to public? i need a good soft top for one of the builds i currently have going on.
I'm holding off on listing them on my site until I work through most of the initial run. Should be listed there by the end of the year.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
A few that came to me; Mountain Tops, Halle's tops

Like everyone else, I'm sure more are to come.

bigjhoov

nobody
Saddle-Soff Top
TUFF Top
Dura Top
Weather-Top
Utili-Top
BEST DAM TOP ON THE MARKET TOP
KCABNAC

Last edited:

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
Bivi-Top
Titan Top (stongest on the market)
Ranger Top
Journey Top

My favorite

Turtle Top (Tough as Shell)

Does the winner of the name game get a free top????????

yak67

Bronco Guru
Well going with a Ford theme and with the way you're building it, how about the "Super Duty", and could still apply to the other vehicles you plan on making them for.

I also like the "Classic Top"

mjroth

Been following this top build up, I'm really liking it and will look forward to ordering one (someday soon hopefully). It looks reminisent of (dare I say it) the old land rovers. So my suggestions reflect what I think the top emboldens - durabilty, ingenuity, steadfastness, and resounding quality.

My suggestions:

Sojourner
SOF - Soldier Of Fortune
Conquest
Conquistador

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Since you are ultimately aiming at multiple auto manufacturers, I would call them Adventure Series Tops and name each marque after a mountain range. Sierra Mtn, Rocky, Laramie, etc. etc. You will never run out of cool names. :-*

sjpiro

Loc.
Wenatchee
Baja71 said:
Since you are ultimately aiming at multiple auto manufacturers, I would call them Adventure Series Tops and name each marque after a mountain range. Sierra Mtn, Rocky, Laramie, etc. etc. You will never run out of cool names. :-*

I like a simple name that can be repeated like.. " its a Bestop" or Canbak would be ideal. A name you can remember

In keeping with the above them why not something like "Summit". You could have a peak name for each model.

leener6357

VersaTop makes sense because you have listed so many options that others don't offer. Many different colors, many different windows that can be changed, rack or no rack, etc.

But I like TA TOP (The Answer To Our Prayers) whatever our individual prayer is. Like the other guys I would like one of these when they are available.