• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Soft Top - Need help choosing a name.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
sjpiro said:
Apex..Summit...Acme...Peak...High Point... Zenith,all mean the top. ( the Top of Tops). Broncitis had the same train of thought..

Yes he did, 3 hrs. after I did and 2 days after Dusty did! LOL! Looks like we all have the same train of thought. ;D Maybe he should count up all the duplicate suggestions and go with one of those...

Whatever the name, it looks to be quality and I'm waiting to see the production versions.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
This thread is so quiet now. I imagine Rick working as furiously as the elves at Christmas to get the first orders out. sew, sew, bend, bend, sew....;D

TonyPDX

Contributor
A few more ideas to go with the earlier sugested mountian theme.

Cascade Tops and Covers = CTC
The Hood = Trail top
The Rainer = Full soft top
The St. Helens = Half cab top!
The Shasta = Bikini top (cause it's warmer down there.)

Tony

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
TonyPDX said:
A few more ideas to go with the earlier sugested mountian theme.

Cascade Tops and Covers = CTC
The Hood = Trail top
The Rainer = Full soft top
The St. Helens = Half cab top!
The Shasta = Bikini top (cause it's warmer down there.)

Tony

yup yup...I like this idea...NW ftw! Can we get the Olympics in there too?

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I kind of like those Tony. Semi-hidden messages in the names. Need to think more on it. I'm letting all of the wonderful ideas for names so far soak in a bit before I look thme over closer again.

On the tops I hope to have some new stuff to post this week. I'm trying to balance about half of my time on them and the other half on getting trail covers done. The next update will show the 3" radius and possibly the half cab. Tony, I'll probably be calling you this week to discuss yours in more detail.

BigO

I like the fact that it is designed similiar to the Hard Shell, but it is light and easy to remove as a Soft Top.

How about "Soft Shell".

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
Cover All, Super Top, U1500ST(wagon vin # with extra zeros because it sounds snazzy and ST for Soft Top.) Good Luck!

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
bigjhoov said:
??? I don't have a problem with it, but he's nowhere near it.
I'm only about 2200 miles from it. Based on my fastest time between Del Rio and Portland it's about a 41 hour drive but the speed limit was still 55 back then so might be able to beat that now. (Though I'm not as young as I was then so maybe not)

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
67u13 said:
I just ant to put in my vote for versatop. I will buy one this coming summer, what about a halfcab softop?
Coleman has a registered trademark on Versa-Top already so that one is definately out. They are available in a Half Cab or a Combo version. The Combo version includes both Full and Half Cab skins to fit the same hardware.

JoeLat

bigjhoov said:
??? I don't have a problem with it, but he's nowhere near it.

I thought I'd throw it in anyway, even if it was a half a country away. If Saddle Up names it that then he would, by law, have to come to the next LEBC roundup to show it off. That way we could all get a close up!

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
JoeLat said:
I thought I'd throw it in anyway, even if it was a half a country away. If Saddle Up names it that then he would, by law, have to come to the next LEBC roundup to show it off. That way we could all get a close up!
I'm going to try to get out to more events this year. We'll see if I get to that one. Looking at the map it looks to be about 150 miles from San Antonio? If not this year then maybe next year.