• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DE New thread - Headlight Harness Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Cleaning this up for everyone with a new thread, have a bunch ready to ship. Please pm me again if you lost you in the original rush.

Headlight Harness upgrade, pulls main power directly from the battery (not the old wiring and headlight switch), often fixes the dimming headlight issues and allows for brighter lights and safer system. This will work with stock style and h4 headlights. Upgrade takes about 10-15 minutes.

Shipped Priority Mail which has tracking included (less chance of damage or loss).

One harness shipped (DOES ONE COMPLETE BRONCO)
$26.00 if paypal friends/family option, money order, cash, or check
$27.50 if regular paypal to cover the fees

TWO harnesses shipped
(small savings due to combined shipping for those with more than one Bronco or early Ford)
$48.00 if paypal GIFT, money order, cash, or check
$50.00 if regular paypal to cover the fees

Thanks

Last edited:

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Does it contain the instructions also.
.. And will this stop the cutting on & off of the head lamps when your running them for over 30 minutes. Mine get hot & start cutting on & off. And I do already have an after market wiring harness.

OP
OP
H

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Yes, that's exactly why I started upgrading mine. The stock style wiring pulls power through the headlight switch which tends to cause overheating problems.

These are powered directly from the battery and the old wiring is simply a trigger to turn on the relay. There is a fuse added on this power feed as added protection. The other advantage is full power at the battery can be 13-14 volts as the alternator charges the battery, as opposed to regulated 12v.

My son and I are working on a how to install thread. Here is a picture we just made to assist anyone installing.

Attachments

• picsay-1385579480253.jpg
    picsay-1385579480253.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 871
Last edited:

Mike D

Contributor
headlight switch

will take one sent you p.m. thanks,miked

PaveBronco

Payment sent paypal, I think.
Hey PAPITT, go ahead and pull the trigger on this, its a deal we can do a duel install, im almost up and running....

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... With one of these harness can it also be modified to run Both the Dims and Brights at the same time when you are on bright.
... Seems like there have been some post years ago about doing this.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. MAN got mine in the mail this evening .. I sure hope the PayPal thang worked I'd never used it like that before.
... But that harness sure looked good. No instructions in the box .. But I think I got it figures out.

OP
OP
H

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Sorry still working on instructions, did you see the photo above? It should help with the layout. I recommend a few zip ties and route in front of the radiator.

Regarding both hi and low beams at once this is harness was designed to run separately. I tried to find the thread that mentioned running both together when high beams were on, I believe they used a modification to the floor high/low beam switch.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
MY Battery is on the other side . can't I just reverse the instructions and use the driver side lamp to plug into . My diesel I needed my battery box area for air cleaner.

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got mine installed and works great. If you have the chrome grill trim you can use the trim bolts, attach wire straps to the mounting bolts and tuck the wire loom just behind grill. Fits perfect!

Attachments

• Headlight Wiring.JPG
    Headlight Wiring.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 225

PaveBronco

Got Mine yesterday, very nice quality job. Thanks for putting these out there.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
It worked .. IT worked reversed... I put it in and went down & picked up the neighbors He got in and I said do you notice anything different with the Bronco. He said Head light are working tonight.
... I guess that about sums it up. Must be better than the stock setup.
... Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.