• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

new vintage looking slotted wheels?

dedgar

Who makes a nice set of vintage slotted wheels for an early bronco? Like what a stroppe would have come with?

Draglink

Loc.
Gloucester, VA
These are pretty close, I found them in my new Summit catalog. Go to www.wheelvintiques.com, then to products, then cast alloy. You can find them on page 213 of the new Summit catalogue. Also check out the wheels I put on my F150, they are also very close to the vintage slots. They are Ultra series 50/51. (15x10)

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
American Racing Moab:

m9250.jpg

Paperboy

I think I looked at those wheels at Ford Carlisle PA show. The center hole at that time wouldn't fit over the lock-in hub. They may have changed it or I may have been mis-informed, but I'd double check before ordering. :)

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
If you truely desire the vintage looking slots you will have to find them used somewhere. There is a place in WA that has them http://akhwheels.com/ polished,trued and when compaired to new wheels not too bad on price but will still cost some $.

akh090.jpg

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
brian72 said:
It also looks like there may be an issue with the amount of backspacing.
But they sure are cool looking....
I guess it would suck to have to invest another $120 into wheel spacers on top of new wheels wouldn't it. Maybe they will start making different sizes.......just maybe.

OP
OP
dedgar

dedgar

thanks for the advice. Some nice looking repros. I like to shy away from the chrome ones though.

I think the 16.5 would be tough to get tires for...

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
dedgar said:
thanks for the advice. Some nice looking repros. I like to shy away from the chrome ones though.

I think the 16.5 would be tough to get tires for...

One of the first guys that had a set of mags (used) when I was looking were 16.5. A very nice set at that......I felt maybe the samething and called several tire places about new skins in a 16.5 flavor and was told pretty much the same thing about that size not being common anymore. I passed on them.

Kansas Corey

Loc.
NorCal (East Bay)
Anyone iterested?

Was at a car show earlier today and was very tempted to by some slotted wheels I found:

All of the wheel listed are 5 x 5.5 lug pattern - not sure about backspacing, but they looked pretty standard.

15 x 8.5 => guy had 2 for $50 each
15 x 8.5 => guy had 4 for $25 each (different seller)

15 x 10 => guy had 2 for $100 each
15 x 10 => guy had 2 for $25 each (different seller)

Bascially you could come up with a set of 4 15 x 8.5 for $100 or a set of 4 15 x 10 for $250 ;D

Typical older wheel at a swap meet - need some cleaning & polishing - have a little curb rash on the very outside edge of the bead, but over all looked to be in good shape.

Still very tempted - wish the 15 x 10s weren't so expensive.

Before anyone asks - car show was in Pleasanton, CA which is East Bay area (NorCal) - most likely gone by now - there was another guy making the lap back and forth between the two vendors looking at the same wheels

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
66roadhorse said:
You shoulda bought them. I sold mine I got at a swap meet for $500 on ebay. I paid $75 for them.

Backspacing is something that you really want to pay attention to. Get some with too much and they are useless.