• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newb introducing myself

bush450

Loc.
Northern
Hey guys new to the forum and new to the ford bronco, I have done many builds but have always wanted an early bronco. My goal for this thing is to have a wheeler/daily driver nothing to beat or thrash prob around 4" lift and 3-400hp end goal. we will see what I end up with, so on to my platform I just bought a 1969 bronco with a rebuilt and healthy 302, and 3 on the tree, I actually dig it for now;D my initial plans is to replace brake lines and run disc in the front and a booster so any advice on where to get a good deal and reliable set up would be awesome. and all the little missing and rotted out parts on it. but hey it has no rust and hard top with a bikini and half doors.

KyddsPly

Welcome to the family. Say goodbye to your wallet though :).

It's customary for a pic or 2 of the new rig.

I see your in California, maybe I'll see you around.

old 71

Welcome to the obsession, your starting point sounds good and the goal even better. You came to the right place though lots of good solid folks on here.

You have a great vendor in northern as well ( Wild Horses ) good guys ,that's where I deposit most of my money,,, unlike the bank you get some pretty shiny stuff instead of a dumb old deposit receipt ;D

Dale

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Welcome to the biggest ongoing Bronco party in the world! NorCal covers a lot of ground, we're in Lodi if you're ever in the neighborhood. Good place for ideas and parts.

Jim

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Awesome, welcome to the best party there is going :)

A wealth of knowledge on here, just use that search function and what you can't find, someone will have an answer :)

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Welcome! And as others have stated, say goodbye to your wallet...It is a great addiction to have!

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
welcome to the club, as some one told me on here make sure you update your tetanus shot!

wegngis

Loc.
Oregon
I went with Tom's Bronco Parts front disc upgrade, no booster. I posted a video of my experiences with the upgrade on my YouTube channel, which you'll find a link for in my signature.

OP
OP
B

bush450

Loc.
Northern
Absoulutely I need to throw some pics up I will try to make a photo bucket account and throw em up. the rig is awesome my dad had the same year when he was in his late 20's and thats where I am at. He always talked about em and its what drove me to them. and I know you guys aren't lying when you say goodbye to your wallet I think this will be a slow build due to me just finishing building a 99 cummins 5 speed long armed on 37's with compounds and just wiped me out I was super lucky the wife was alright with me buying it. I have to admit I have never been a ford fan this is the only ford I have ever really appreciated so still on the fence of what motor and trans it ends up with I am actually pretty happy with the lil 302 and 3 speed may just throw an intake and avenger carb on it for now.

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
Greetings and welcome!

You're in good company here.

Some of us are old, some of us are young. We're rich and poor, live in all different regions. We have old beat-up Bronco's that you could throw a rock at and not hurt, some always drive on pavement, others have never seen a pile of rocks to big to climb or a mud pit too deep, some are show cars......but one common theme, we all love old Bronco's ;D

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Hey guys new to the forum and new to the ford bronco, I have done many builds but have always wanted an early bronco. My goal for this thing is to have a wheeler/daily driver nothing to beat or thrash prob around 4" lift and 3-400hp end goal. we will see what I end up with, so on to my platform I just bought a 1969 bronco with a rebuilt and healthy 302, and 3 on the tree, I actually dig it for now;D my initial plans is to replace brake lines and run disc in the front and a booster so any advice on where to get a good deal and reliable set up would be awesome. and all the little missing and rotted out parts on it. but hey it has no rust and hard top with a bikini and half doors.

Planned tire size?

If 35" or bigger then consider hydroboost instead of a vacuum booster.

As far as saving money, if you can do the work yourself and use as many junkyard parts as possible it will cost a lot less.

Oh, and welcome.

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site. Kinda sorry to hear you were able to only buy one, it's kinda like going to the store and buying one beer instead of a 6 pack, sooner or later the wife will need one, the kids, the dog and just a few extras just in case. I'm up to 4 1/2, not sure why though. Enjoy, as neat as the Bronco is the people on here are the greatest, hands down. Once you go to an event you'll never be the same.

cmc

Welcome & enjoy your Bronco; great advice and good people always willing to help on this site.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
It's best if you say," my name is________and I have a Bronco problem. This is like a 12 step program but with a lot more steps. Plenty of enablers here too. Welcome.

OP
OP
B

bush450

Loc.
Northern
So here is the new project, I ordered the front part of the roll cage, it already has family in the rear. I will try and get that welded in this week. it also has a leaking freeze plug that just got worse, I think the starter power wire was creating electrolosis and arcing on it. Let me know what you guys think the doors are off need to throw em on for the winter months though

[/URL[URL=http://s120.photobucket.com/user/kbush7/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_2.png.html] [/URL[URL=http://s120.photobucket.com/user/kbush7/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpeg.html]

Last edited: