• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newbie - need some help PICS ADDED

JoseBronco

Loc.
Asturias, SPAIN
Dear Classic Broncos members,

I am on Spain, driving Broncos since I got my drivers license. I have a full size and a BII unit, but now for the 40th anniversary I will buy my first Early Bronco. I found a very few here, but a ´77 unit (the year of my birth) is very attractive to me. Since the Bronco is near 1000 mile away of my home, when I will go to check it, I would like to go with some knowledges about the truck. It has body work and other several things to restore/update.

Please, is any place where the VIN number is shown??? The owner said me it has #U150LY41831 . Well I don´t know if the owner is a little confused because the Bronco has a 302 V8, so the VIN must have a "G" instead of "0"

This is the reason I would like to check it on the frame or body or somewhere is written.

This Bronco looks it was used for fun offroad, since it has soft-top and roadster style open doors. Also rear fenders cut (rusted) , double tube front and rear bumpers, rollbar, sport seats, and 33" tires on fullsize Bronco wheels. Also, it has a 3 spd manual transmission swapped in.

Is there any spot or other thing I have to check???

THANKYOU FOR ANY HELP!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JoseBronco

Loc.
Asturias, SPAIN
btw, I have in my garage a NOS front Stroppe - Luben cactus smasher pushbar. I found in England some months ago. Also a set of 15X8 steel wheels, a 1979 Ford Bronco came from factory with it, very similar (if not the same) than the Baja ones.

Collecting parts...hope promptly I can wear an EB with it.

:)

Last edited:

burntfish

Loc.
ouray, co
the vin will be in the glove box on that year, but you could also look by the e-brake. you can look up that vin @broncohio.com if you already have not done so. hope its what your looking for and welcome to the best EB site.

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
In addition to the glovebox door, the VIN is stamped on the frame, under the passenger floor pan, basically impossible to see without cutting out the floorpan, even if rust hasnt made it unreadable. The VIN is also on a sticker on the driver's side striker post, if by some chance that hasnt been painted over or come off.

The 302 is factory equipment for 77. As for the body, pay attention to detail. The worst places for rust are the inner fenders, rocker panels, door posts, striker posts, and tailgate. Use a weak magnet on these areas to see if there is bondo or another kind of filler covering up rust.

Almost forgot, welcome aboard, you can find all the info youll ever need on here.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
JoseBronco said:
Thankyou both for the welcome!

Burntfish what I have to look over the e-brake?

You don't have to worry about that. On the older years they had a VIN tag riveted near the e-brake. They don't do that anymore so don't worry about it. The Glovebox will have it now.

Hope it turns out to be something nice ! Welcome aboard !!! :)

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
he's referring to the VIN number. some broncos had a VIN tag on the driver's side kick panel next to the e-brake.

an easy way to tell if it's a '77 is that's the only year they came with gas doors instead of the gas caps sticking out. they also had factory disc brakes, and inverted Y steering tie rods.

i think it's really cool that you are in spain looking at EB's. just neat to think there's broncos in other countries.

welcome to the party! :D

Broncos n' VWs

When I lived in La Serena, Chile, I had a friend that had an EB. It was the only one I ever saw there. There were tons of old flat fender J**ps, a few Cruisers, and one Early Bronco (that I know of). Oh, and all the old aircooled VWs I could ever want! :) It's fun to see that this Early Bronco addiction is actually a world wide epidemic! :D Oye Nuevito! Espero que te vaya bien en la compra del Bronco!! Chao

OP
OP
J

JoseBronco

Loc.
Asturias, SPAIN
Broncos n' VWs said:
Oye Nuevito! Espero que te vaya bien en la compra del Bronco!! Chao

Gracias amigo! ;)

Broncos here are very rare, I have located only three in all the country. Have old clues of another two, but still I do not know if that is trust. One of the found is a interesting unit: a 1970 I6 wagon stored since many years ago, complete rust free body, original condition with 12000 original kilometers (over 8500 miles! ) on the odometer. I think this Bronco must be keeped in original condition. This is reason I continued searching and found the 1977. This Bronco has already cut fenders and other non-original things, so it looks the perfect off-roader for me.

Well some small pics of my "next Bronco" (really I hope it...)

As you see the steering linkage is not the Y link, is it?

What do you think about the truck???

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
as far over as the drag link end is, it looks like someone converted to F-150 tie rods. they use the same size ends as the '77, so it's a straight bolt up. the tie rod had to be shortened though. front sway bar a plus too.

nice looking rig, looks like a good score.