• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newbie needs help.. front end bushings!?

fordtuff

Loc.
Ruskin
I'm scared to ask..

I'm looking for a diagram that shows the name and location of all the arms and bars on the front of a 69 bronco.
Sway Bar, Steering Arms, ect.. I don't know which is which... I would like to order all new bushings for the vehicle, I just don't know the names..

Please go easy on me... :)

Thanks for any help..

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
hope this helps some http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-34 i'll look and see if i can find pics of each location. as for bushings there are the radius arm bushings the arms that go from the frame to the axle one on each side, drag link bushings go from frame to axle keeps the axle stable from left to right, only other thing i can think of would be tie rod ends no bushings there though

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
one more thing on the raduis arms there are the c bushings that go around the axle and bushings at the frame mount as well.

OP
OP
F

fordtuff

Loc.
Ruskin
What about the one for the steering? Goes all the way across. It has some play in it as well.

OP
OP
F

fordtuff

Loc.
Ruskin
Are the c bushings for the axles hard to replace? The V shaped ones?

btw.. I'm pretty good with everything else on the vehicle I just have never worked on the front end before. Don't wanna jack anything up or get hurt trying.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
What about the one for the steering? Goes all the way across. It has some play in it as well.

is that the linkage that goes to the wheels if so they are the tie rod ends the other rod ends go from the pitman arm connected to the gear box (top one in the pic)

Attachments

• 6675STEERINGRODKIT.jpg
    6675STEERINGRODKIT.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 10

Skiddy

Bronco Guru

Trapperbob10

My experience with C bushing replacement is its not that tough in a well equipped shop. Not something I would want to do in the garage at the house.

trap

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Worst problem I've had doing doing C bushings is getting the caps off. Like everything else on these things, frozen bolts make things difficult.