• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newbie needs help!

green75

Loc.
Silver Point
Bought my first bronco a '75 that has sat in a barn for 12 years. It has been rolled but the only major damage was the windshield frame(toast).Found another in KY. and mounted it temp. I put the top on the bronco to align everything up (i need to replace door post and kick panels due to rust) . Now my windshield frame won't mate to my top, it acts like it is in a bind. The windshield is laid too far back(to the interior of the bronco) by about and inch. any suggestions are greatly appreciated. The cowl doesn't appear to be bent. Just wondering if the floor pans(rusted) could allow the dash and cowl to relax into the cab? If so any suggestions on righting my problems to make sure my doors hang correctly? Thanks

OP
OP
G

green75

Loc.
Silver Point
No. I have the gasket but didn't put it in right now. Just bolted the two bolts through the dash into the frame . Everything lines up well minus the fact it is laid back. I'll try the gasket but still afraid it wont push it forward enough. Thanks for the help.

jpehler

Loc.
Rockdale Texas
the frame hinge is welded to the cowl and the bolts you are talking about help set the angle of the windshield, if it is not welded down then you might be pulling it back by tightening the bolts