• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX newbie needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXBIGBEAR

Loc.
Dallas
Going to take a look at this one this week. Sounds like a solid rust free unit, a bit rough around the edges, a few things that need fixed to pass inspection like turn signals and horn. Has been converted to Hydroboost brake system, which I must admit I'm not familiar with. Is this a reasonable conversion to do on a Bronco? The bronco has disc brakes, automatic, Dana 44 conversions. Has anyone seen this bronco before? I seem to remember seeing it on Craigslist earlier this year.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4251116696.html

bax

Contributor
Old Member
From what I see, hacked up core support, rusted out cowl, drivers floor boards. No way that ia a 9500.00 bronco. more like start at 4 and walk at 5500.

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
I agree with Bax on this completely, it looks like its got a lot under the surface that will come up and get you on the back end. I paid 9500 for mine (in San Antonio), it was rust free, had A/C, and everything worked on it. You gotta be patient and wait for the right one.

OP
OP
T

TXBIGBEAR

Loc.
Dallas
Thanks, I really appreciate it. For future reference is the whole hydroboost brake conversion a good route to go? Seems like when you start slapping parts from a chevy van on a ford, you're asking for a repair nightmare down the road. Especially when you don't know all the history of what part came from what brand vehicle, etc.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
done correctly The hydroboost is a really good upgrade.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Agree w/Bax.... Good luck

lot of our rigs being sold these days done got the fast n loud effect, so you'll just have to be patient :)

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
For 9500 it shouldn't be very rough around the edges, and have zero rust.

PaveBronco

Ditto on bax, $5500 max or walk....make sure you can back that up with cash in hand, the smell of green can be very persuasive.. you'll have to go look at it, bring a flashlight and lay under it for awhile...

rhino2104

Personally I'd hold off of that one. There were some decent ones in the D/FW area a month ago that were every bit as good, if not better, than that one for a lot less. I found this one in Frisco. I don't know if he still has it or not though. For the price difference you can do quite a bit.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/4190200642.html

ransil

Bronco Guru
Where do you guys see rust in the first craigslist post?? I see something but not sure its that bad as compared to the colorado one, that one is a rust bucket...

I would grab someone local and take a trip up and see the first ad, it has some issues like the cut core support , dog slobber on the interior , not a show stopper IMO

How does the white one in Dallas get a pass for being better when it does not show any of the concerned areas??

Bronco Sully

Loc.
Houston
Ditto on the advice above. Although I am happy with my rig, I paid more for mine and could have gotten more for my $s on a relative basis in 20/20 hindsight. If you have patience, you will save yourself a few (thousand) shekels.

Status
Not open for further replies.