• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newbie question explorer, sport , ranger, or bronco

70s chopper

Loc.
iowa
dumb question but still needs to be cleared up, what is the difference between the bronco, bronco sport, bronco ranger, and bronco explorer. does it say on the original title or somewhere else or do you just have to know what you are looking for. what abut value? thanks, jim

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
Mostly it just trim package differences . Bronco = bare bones , Ranger = top of the line . But by now , unless you find a very cherry original , they're all muddled up by past owners .

OP
OP

70s chopper

Loc.
iowa
i can agree with that. but what were the original package options. not every subtle difference but those that stand out.

for instance, my bronco sport has chrome trim all the way around, chrome window trim all the way around, the tire mounts on the inside of the tail gate. the rear flares look as factory as you can get with no visible rivits, bolts, or pop rivits, they flare out and fall back into the quarter like stock i have seen very very few that are as clean of flare as thiese.

i'm interested in more broncos and half cabs. just want to know what i'm looking at

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
No Bronco ever came with flared fenders ... somebody did it . Inside tire mount - stock , all models . Outside rack , an option .
Bright trim around the windows , lights , grill , Ranger , Sport/Explorer . Beltline trim an option even on non-Sport etc .
Interiors are the real differences . Sport - parchment door panels w/mylar inserts , front only . Ranger/Explorer - door panels with wood grain inserts , material to match seats , rear interior q-panel covers . Ranger seats had houndstooth inserts , I think Explorer were more plain ... I've seen very few . I know I'm missing some stuff but thats the major differences .