• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newbie question: What is a LUBR???

magstar67

Contributor
Loc.
Missouri
I have been an old Mustang owner for years and have always liked the EB's too, my dad had a '67 and '72 when I was a kid. I want to buy one at some point so have been lurking this site for several months now trying to educate myself and occassionally see the term LUBR...What the heck does that mean???

Thanks ahead of time for educating me! Jeff

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
I see guys use LUBER as well. Though LUBR isn't an accurate acronymn for a lifted uncut bronco, LUBER adds an E to it for whatever reason????:cool:

dieselbronco

Loc.
Tolland CT
Theres just something about the look of an uncut bronco that I love. I wish i could own one and not cut it, but that is just one of the first steps a bronco ouner does when they starts to improve on his/her new favorite ride.;D

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I see guys use LUBER as well. Though LUBR isn't an accurate acronymn for a lifted uncut bronco, LUBER adds an E to it for whatever reason????:cool:

The original acronym actually referred to the the OWNER of a lifted uncut Bronco. The owner was a LUBE or Lifted Uncut Bronco Enthusiast but an "r" was added at the end to make it LUBEr. See this post on BFIX which I believe is recognized as the earliest reference to this term. But now the term LUBR refers to the Bronco itself and adding the E just makes it easier to spell!

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Magstar, speaking of Magstar wheels, I did once see a couple of 5x5.5 Magstar wheels for sale, but he only had two. Would look cool on a LUB, LUBR, LUBER. Plus, the front 4x4 hub wouldn't fit through the hole.