• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NEWBIE... stupid question re: top off & wipers

Jeff B

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
::) Newbie ::) question I know but I need some help. I just got a 1974 EB and want to take the top of and run it with a bikini top. I pulled the windshield wiper/motor cover off and found everything on or over the top windshield frame.

What am I suppose to do with this set up if I want to run a bikini top? Do I remove it and NOT have working wipers? Scratching head here but I'm sure there is a simple answer. Why would ford set it up like this instead of tucking all that under the windshield like on a IH Scout II? <==== sorry. ::)

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
Yeah.. like he said... drop brackets...
and remember..
there are no such things as stupid questions.... just stupid people :) -- kidding.. south park reference

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Better and more logical question: Why would you need wipers if you have no top? Just unclip the motor from the wiper arms and put it with the rest of the top stuff. If it rains, go Ace Ventura style and drive with your head out the window. Yes, I've done this before.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jeff B,

The wiper motor drop bracket can be found at the site below at Specialty Tops for $7.29 (Part # 331-3201) It lowers the wiper motor down behind the windsheild so you soft or bikini top will work. The yalso sell the entire soft and bikini top riser that the tops mount to.

Good Luck,

Blue71

http://www.specialtytopco.com/

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
::) it is against the law to have inoperable or no wipers unless you are off road. As soon as you are on a city/state/county/federal road you will be breaking the law.

mtn_bronco

Loc.
Leadville, Colorado
[quote author=77BroncoWag link=board=5;threadid=20679;start=0#msg159459 date=1060225647]
::) it is against the law to have inoperable or no wipers unless you are off road. As soon as you are on a city/state/county/federal road you will be breaking the law.

[/quote]

hey you must live in one those police states...

someplaces (like leadville) let you drive your atv, dirt bike, snowmobile, sno-cat (just me :eek:)) on the street.

The LAST thing they worry about here is if you have wipers or not .... probably illegal though

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
[quote author=76BroncoFromHell link=board=5;threadid=20679;start=0#msg159253 date=1060151338]
Better and more logical question: Why would you need wipers if you have no top? Just unclip the motor from the wiper arms and put it with the rest of the top stuff. If it rains, go Ace Ventura style and drive with your head out the window. Yes, I&#039;ve done this before.
[/quote]

hahah this is kinda related. Right after I installed your C4 and put on my rebuilt transfer case...and there was a huge hole in the floor. I had some how left a bottle of tranny fluid in between the radiator and core support. and while driving home going about 60 the bottle sliped and poured this oil ALL OVER my engine and the wind blew it up through the hole and soaked the inside of the windsheild with a nice coat of red oil. Luckly I am really tall and just sat up and loked OVER my windsheild. but back to the topic on hand, either remove it. But a drop bracket for like 20$ or convert to different motors.