• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newby - have my 1st bronco - Q on rocker panels

montana68

Loc.
Missoula
I had my bronco in a local shop for some maintenance and fluid flushes, and the next door body shop guy came over and did an estimate (I didn't ask for one, but he wants the business, I guess) to remove and replace the rusty rocker panels. It came to just under $1200. I am wondering if anyone here can tell me if that is outrageous or not.

I'll probably have a bunch of other questions, but this is my first post. I tried to search the forum for information on the cost to R and R rocker panels but couldn't locate anything, so I'm sorry if this was answered somewhere else in the forum.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
That sounds about double price if it's just the outer rockers and it includes paint. The outers are easy to replace. Most of the time would be cutting the old spot welds.

OP
OP
M

montana68

Loc.
Missoula
Thank you for the replies so far, everyone. I wish I had the knowledge, skill and a garage to do any work myself, but I admit I don't. I'm just a gal with a big crush on my money pit, er, I mean my bronco, and hopefully, over time, will get enough funds saved up to do what needs to be done to make it a fun Sunday driver. I'll post pics and properly introduce her once I figure out the posting pics thing... Thanks again.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Thank you for the replies so far, everyone. I wish I had the knowledge, skill and a garage to do any work myself, but I admit I don't. I'm just a gal with a big crush on my money pit, er, I mean my bronco, and hopefully, over time, will get enough funds saved up to do what needs to be done to make it a fun Sunday driver. I'll post pics and properly introduce her once I figure out the posting pics thing... Thanks again.

No boyfriend? ;D

For posting pics you can be a contributor here or just link the pics from photobucket or other picture sites.

Like I said before.. Welcome to the site.

OP
OP
M

montana68

Loc.
Missoula
Thanks thegreatjustino - have contacted Steve and he seems like a great guy to deal with, so will more than likely have the bronco over to him sooner than later.
madgyver - LOL - no boyfriend, but have a husband! I guess I should start calling it "our" bronco...:)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Totally understandable... ;)

Thanks thegreatjustino - have contacted Steve and he seems like a great guy to deal with, so will more than likely have the bronco over to him sooner than later.
madgyver - LOL - no boyfriend, but have a husband! I guess I should start calling it "our" bronco...:)

LOL, yep probably

777mechanic

Loc.
centennial colorado
i have 7 hours in removing old and replacing with new nos stock rocker and i also repaired a small hole in behind rocker panel , total cost no labor was 130.00 for materials and rocker. hell drop her off in colorado after july and i'll do them .