• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newish BFG Tire Released for uncut folks

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Not sure who all might be in the know but BFG has a 235/85/16 tire out that measures 32x9.25. You of course would need a 16" stock (some out there) or a 16" aftermarket or factory takeoff rim to run them. Price seems to be right about the same as the 33x9.50 tires and might actually measure the same, I havent gotten to physically get my hands on one yet. Thought I might share. Tirerack.com has them for $149 ea for the AT KO and $173 for the MT KM2

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
I actually run that size tire on my Super Duty. I'm running a commercial T/A that is E-rated. It is the exact same tire as on my trailer, so they are interchangable. It's a little narrow, but is about 32" I believe.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
yeah that is a dually and trailer tire. I have load range E tires on my truck in the 245/75r16 and they kind of ride like bricks. I am sure the more all terrain versions would ride better.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
So would this be a bad idea to run on our Broncos? The size is right (I even have a set of 16" rims) but dont want to drive on bricks, I want a nice smooth ride.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Would result in a very harsh ride. I ran 255/85/16's that were rated "D" on my LUBER for awhile and it rode very rough. There's also a 255/80/17 out but I'm guessing it's also a "E" rated tire.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
You'd just have to run them at a lower pressure (definately not max) to get an appropriate ride. I'd probably run them at 25-30psi.