• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Not So YA 35x12.5 x 15's BFG Mud Terrain KM2's Mounted 9/128

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Nice looking Don! So you say they are not much louder on the road than the ATs were? That is a plus!

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Nice looking Don! So you say they are not much louder on the road than the ATs were? That is a plus!

No not much louder, but they are not as quiet as the AT's
Still better than I had thought they would be.

The only weird thing is they make a weird little noise between 6-10 mph, not sure if it will go away when the mold marks wear away

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
Does this mean you don't need new wheels now? I'm guessing you're not pursuing that Walker Evans mass buy anymore.

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Does this mean you don't need new wheels now? I'm guessing you're not pursuing that Walker Evans mass buy anymore.

No I am going to run these for a while

I did call Dave from Walker Evans Monday and left a message that we only had 3 or 4 guys. I waiting to hear back from him if he can do anything. Iwill let you know what I hear.

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Wll I wish I hadn't said Yaaaaa As i am not so happy with theses

I have had them ballanced now 3 times and I can not get them to stop shaking. We have turned them 45, 90 and 180 degrees on the wheels, and still it shakes between 60-70 mph

They are quiet and handle well for a mud terrain, but thats all I can say good about these

I wanted to give them a chance to see if they could be lallanced before I bashed them, but now two different tires shops have had a shot at them. I tell you they took a lot of weight no matter where on the wheel. One is so bad that we had to use a combination of bang on weights, and stick on weights.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Don,

Maybe try the airsoft balancing trick. Maybe that would help, sorry they are giving you crap right now.

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Don,

Maybe try the airsoft balancing trick. Maybe that would help, sorry they are giving you crap right now.

They may help, but there not that big of a tire

I have run more eggresive treads before, and while they may have been louder, they never shook like this.

I have had them all allmost all different axle locations. They one I had it yesterday was the best, but still had a shake. I guess I will go back to that one till BFG tells me what they will do for me.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Don,

We just went through this with Todd's new Bronco. We found a bad rim. Have them try balancing just the rim with no tire on it. I'd start wit hthe one with all the weight on it.

Hope it helps.

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Don,

We just went through this with Todd's new Bronco. We found a bad rim. Have them try balancing just the rim with no tire on it. I'd start wit hthe one with all the weight on it.

Hope it helps.

I don't tknow
These rims have been fine for a long time. They were fine with the AT's