• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Now, she won't start...

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
I had my Bronco running a few weeks ago, I even drove it, but for some reason it won't start now...I've got great spark, and 40psi fuel (EFI) New injectors, but it acts like its not getting any gas....I spray starting fluid into the throttle body, and it wants to start, but it doesn't...Is there a relay that signals the fuel injectors?<br><br> How do I check if the injectors are squirting fuel?<br>

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
is your coil gone bad?<br>It will almost start and even fire over with starting fluid if the coil is burnt out, is your coil hot after cranking it awhile?

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
I get great spark...I pulled off the coil wire, and cranked it over a few times, and the plugs are dry...Like the injectors aren't working...What controls the injectors? Is it the computer, or a relay? When, I turn on the key, I can hear all the relays comming on, but I'm not sure if the injectors are working the way they are supposed too...We had a bad rain/wind storm a few weeks back, and it blew my cover off the Bronco, I'm wandering if maybe it didn't damage the computer...I don't want to buy another computer till I know thats what the problem is...How can I check to see if the computer is bad?

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
sorry man i dont know much about computer controlled stuff on cars, you can prolly hook it up to a diagnostics computer at a local repair shop, maybe they can tell you whats wrong. Well good luck.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Isnt there a test port on the harness somewhere? Im not familier with ford EFI stuff. On a GM theres a check Engine light on the dash, If that dont light the computer went south. You might try pulling an injector (if you can get at it) and turning it over looking for it to squrit.

T

teknalee

awww man i just looked at your page and realized you had a bullit tank cover.. guess im not the first to think of it.. looks great though!

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
When the key is on, so is the engine light, but when I turn it over, it goes off...I got a scanner, but I can't run a diagnostic till it starts...I try a "key on, engine off test" and I get a few codes, but nothing that will make the engine not start...I get the codes for the stuff I'm not using, like the Air Condition relay, and stuff like that...

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
[quote author=teknalee link=board=5;threadid=8348;start=0#59317 date=1030181303]<br>awww man i just looked at your page and realized you had a bullit tank cover.. guess im not the first to think of it.. looks great though!<br>[/quote]<br> I get alot of emails about that...After I get it running the way its supposed to, I'm going to take pics of the installation (I don't have the fuel hose hooked to the tank yet) then I will do a tech artical with pics, and part numbers, and all the stuff needed to do it to your rig...I don't know when that will be, though...

scotch

Loc.
Green River, Wyoming
Hey Luvmybronco<br><br>We use noid lights at work. You can buy them at autozone for around $7. Just plug one into an injector wire and crank the engine, if the noid light flashes you have injector pulse.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
I almost had it running...It tryed to start a few times, so I know the injectors are working...I was holding 40psi on the fuel gauge, now its below 10psi, so it must be out of gas...I also wander if maybe the gas was any good to begin with...I used the old gas from the lincoln, and its hard to tell how long it was in there...It has a different odor to it, and also, could have got water in the tank from that bad rain storm....(Since I don't have the filler hose on yet...) I'll drop the tank out next weekend, put in my vapor line, and go from there...I'll let you guys know next weekend...
Its driving me nuts, cause it was running, and now its not, and nothing changed, except for that rain storm that blew my cover off...

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
After all that work on that motor conversion, you didnt change the unknown gas??? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
[quote author=1FINE69 link=board=5;threadid=8348;start=0#59469 date=1030263486]<br>After all that work on that motor conversion, you didnt change the unknown gas??? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(<br>[/quote]<br><br>oh my its the simple things that get you...... :eek:

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
[quote author=1FINE69 link=board=5;threadid=8348;start=0#59469 date=1030263486]<br>After all that work on that motor conversion, you didnt change the unknown gas??? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(<br>[/quote]<br><br> Yeah, go figure :-[ :-[ :-[ I hope its that simple...If it is the gas, I'll be like Hommer Simpson....D'OH