• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NWMP 23 Gallon Tank FBR-1

Smedley

Loc.
Snohomish
I picked up a used NWMP 23 gal tank and just finished cleaning it up and painting it. Time for install. I am replacing the stock tank and have a 1"BL. Any special instructions or is it a pretty straight forward install?

Thanks,
Will

OP
OP
Smedley

Smedley

Loc.
Snohomish
Do the gas tank brackets attached to the frame stay on? I am assuming that I will need a 1" spacer.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Is it a tank for a BL ? Mine is made for a 1" body lift and has 1 " "spacers " already welded to the top of the tank .

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Mine came with a couple of heavy duty J Hooks and a " tank mounting strap " . I would say mount it which ever way you have planned and suck it up between the frame rails until those " spacers " on top of the tank touch the bottom of the the floor .

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That looks like the 2 inch BL version, those tabs on top, thats what mine had for 2 inch. IOW bolt it up.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
To know what you have put it up where it goes. The step in the front will max out against the frame crossmember. With the front all the way up against that crossmember you need spacers up top to make it snug against the floor. If it's a body lift tank I may not need the spacers. Also you dont want that front step resting directly on the crossmember. There should be a little clearance.

MartyG

Bronco Guru
I just picked up the exact same tank and I'll be replacing the stock (finally), thanks for posting this! Let me know if you ran into any bumps that I should look out for

OP
OP
Smedley

Smedley

Loc.
Snohomish
Just posted to you FB post. Mine went in smooth. I did not cap off the two additional vent lines very well at first and had a leak. Easy fix.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would say check the reading on the fuel gauge with the new sender before finalizing the install. Never know if you might have to do some tweaking to get it to go all the way to full and empty.
They don't always read consistently in the middle when compared to a stock original sender, but at least you can dial in the extremes.

Paul