• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OBB Questions for engine gurus

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Please jump over to the OBB web site and look for my questions in the engine section of the forum. And one I forgot to ask: What color should I paint it?

For those who are not up to speed and want to chime in..it;s an '87 5.0 HO roller motor, but we're going with a 4V intake and carb and a Unilite dizzy...to keep things simple

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Help us out and jump over to the OBB site and to the engine thread in the forum.
I was thinking dark Ford blue.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Come on guys...I have some questions over on OBB, engine forum, that need answering. The heads are done..the shortblock is assembled as of 10 minutes ago.
1986 E6SE 5.0 Mustang roller motor, converted to 4V carbed:

How many tooth flywheel do I need to put on this thing?

Isn't someone going to make sure that the build has power steering? I'll mount a pump on this thing if it will..it should.

Point me to a tech article or such that deals with the lack of the boss for the clutch bell crank mount on the 5.0 block.

I'm going with Dk Ford Blue paint(only got one vote on the color) ..finned aluminum valve covers, wrinkle black with sanded fins.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
You need a 164 tooth flywheel. Not real sure about the boss on the block I believe that its there its just not drilled and tapped so you'll have to drill and tap it. There should be some info in the links section here.
If you want us to jump to another site a link would help get us there to answer your Q's