• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OBB Raffle has ended! Congratulations to our winners!

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
forestguy said:
HEY, I won a BRONCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Congratulation! That is awesome!

Also, Congrats to all of the other big winners.

Dang Fathom.. You didn't win the Turkey Fryer but I see you one a T-shirt and a decal. Not too bad!! ;D ;D

4wheelnar

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
73stallion said:
oh wait, i didn't enter. ;D

Then I guess that would be a ?thanks? for not supporting OBB. %)

Congrats to all the winners. I'll get addresses from Melissa and get the hat and bronco out first thing tomorrow. This will be the easiest shipping of a bronco I've ever done. ;D

cdkaminsky

Loc.
Pflugerville
Congrats to the winners..

Congrats to the winners!

Fathom - won 2 prizes that is great......stop and buy a lotto ticket tomorrow you might be on a hot streak!

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
Lets see, I have been wanting Sirus for how many months now? Wow, I can't believe I won it, that is just too cool. I will have to phone my stereo guy to see if it is compatable with my system. As I have a Sirus ready radio, so I don't know that the kit will work or not.
If it does I will be really happy. I expect we are to be paying shipping on the items, correct?

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
RRRAAAYYY2 said:
Lets see, I have been wanting Sirus for how many months now? Wow, I can't believe I won it, that is just too cool. I will have to phone my stereo guy to see if it is compatable with my system. As I have a Sirus ready radio, so I don't know that the kit will work or not.
If it does I will be really happy. I expect we are to be paying shipping on the items, correct?

Congratulations! It is a really cool satellite radio system. Shipping was included on all the raffle prizes, so you just call up your stereo guy and see what service plan you can work out, sit back and relax. Thank you for your support of Operation Baghdad Bronco! Have a great day! ;D

Shoeless

RRRAAAYYY2 said:

Congrats Ray!! This is the exact Sirius Radio I have in my truck... it is compatible with ANY FM radio. It is a stand-alone unit that transmits a FM signal to your radio...all you do is find a freq that is not in use in your area and tune the sirius to that freq. Then all you do is call sirius with the number that is on the box and sign up for service. I think it's like $12 a month or so...I pay mine a year in advance so it is cheaper...but there are other options.

I know you will enjoy it, I don't drive around the block without turning mine on!! I am addicted!

Shoeless

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
I think if you have sirrus compatible radio, that means you can actually get sirrus on your radio and not need the unit. But using this one will be much better, because you can take it with you anywhere if you buy the boombox stereo attachment. Plus sirrus is the only one to offer a lifetime contract for $500. After a year of using it, and you like it, i would definately go that route.

Enjoy it. ;D

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
My Sirus radio ready only meant that I can plug Sirus in to the back of it. In other words my radio doesn't have the reciever built in to it. Oh well, at least my deck came with a touch screen. (Being sarcastic about the amount I paid for it).
So it looks like the Sirus in the raffle is exactly what I need. So I am really pumped, and very graitful, thanks.
I know the raffle didn't go as well as it should, so I would like to pay my own shipping for the unit. Besides being in Canada it will be more than what it would have cost to a US resident. So I think it is only fair that I do that. (In other words there is no room for discussion, :) )
So if you want to get a quote for US Postal service to N3R7H9, Brantford, Ontario, nothing fast as that will have extra landing fees. Then email me and I will paypal you the money.
Thanks for the raffle.

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
Well the addresses already went out to the folks that have each prize. I'm not sure who donated the Sirrus. But they will prolly have it in the mail today, if they are as fast as I am. ;)

Not sure what you mean on the results of the raffel, unless you mean you feel bad that I didn't win anything. LOL. We could always have sold more tickets, but that comes with any raffel. That's a good amount of cash that will certainly help put OBB back together again. Heck you never know, there might be another one around the corner. I know I'd put money in some tickets to get another chance at a Sirrus reciever. (hint hint to donor) ;D

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
4wheelnar said:
Dang Fathom.. You didn't win the Turkey Fryer but I see you one a T-shirt and a decal. Not too bad!! ;D ;D
Melissa called me today and I ordered a Large T-Shirt (See Picture Below) for my son! He has a 1990 Bronco. Besides they don't sell a shirt my size (3x) so I guess it is another good reason I didn't win the turkey Fryer ;D I would need a 4x :eek:

73stallion said:
hey, brian won twice and i didn't win anything!!! :'( :'( :'( oh wait, i didn't enter. ;D
Ben, how could you not buy a ticket ?:?
You just made it easier for me to win (Twice) ;D

cdkaminsky said:
Fathom - won 2 prizes that is great......stop and buy a lotto ticket tomorrow you might be on a hot streak!
I never play the lotto or go to Vegas and gamble....I rather give it to the nice people here ;D

Thank You! My son will be very excited......

Attachments

• Picture 449.jpg
    Picture 449.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 6

Shoeless

First of all... a big thanks to everyone that bought tickets for the raffle!
Secondly, we did raise some money, but not enough.

Please don't take this as complaining. I have been looking at all that is needed to finish and we are short by a good margin. That is just a fact.

Items that have not really been mentioned yet are starting to become obstacles. ie, shock hoops or mounts, bushings, windshield and seal (finished breaking while being removed), rims, and countless other little oddities.

A couple of big things that are not resolved are: disc brakes, hard top (donated, but in Spokane Washington...if you can help with shipping or transport PLEASE let me know!), and seats. These are items that are either out of reach or out of budget. If you can help with any of these items in any way, please let me know.

Don't forget that the donation link is still up on the other site. It is going to take money to finish this thing the way it needs to be done, so if you are able, please donate what you can.

So many people have been so awesome in their generousity and kindness, that it is hard for me to get on here and ask everyone to do more... unfortunately that is what has to be done. I worry every day that Phillip will return home to a partialy finished Bronco...if that happens I will feel like I personally have failed him by not doing more... So, I am asking for everyone who is able, to dig deep and help raise the money to get this thing finished.

Thank you all very much!

Shoeless