• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OCBR - Anybody need help this weekend

TorchRedTulsan

So here's a slightly different thread for OCBR. I love my Bronco but know very little about them. I've been reading some threads on here and it only highlights how little I know. NYLES "What to do first" thread alone sent me on several hours of research last night to figure out what the crap everybody was talking about

So here's my proposal that, unfortunately, I thought of late in the game: If anyone in the Tulsa area is doing work on their Bronco for OCBR and would like an extra set of hands, knowing that patience and lots of questions could be in store, I would be happy to help out this weekend, next weekend, or possibly even evenings during the week. I'm not useless around tools or vehicles but this is a new ball game for me.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
If iterested we're always doing somethign around the shop, not always bronco related but almost always off road related. I do help a race team that does WeRock and Ultra 4 racing out of my shop so we've usually got something neat in the shop that is different than the run of the mill shop. I'll be prepping the goose neck Sunday. If interested in any of it send me a PM and we can talk.

Steve

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I am assuming this is Justin? If your free Saturday. A bunch of us are going to the Wheeling for the Wounded up at Grand Lake (Disney) You can drive your bronco all around that place and watch the hard stuff. That will teach you about suspensions faster than reading. A couple of us should also have some open seats if you want to do an obstacle with us.

OP
OP
TorchRedTulsan

TorchRedTulsan

If iterested we're always doing somethign around the shop, not always bronco related but almost always off road related. I do help a race team that does WeRock and Ultra 4 racing out of my shop so we've usually got something neat in the shop that is different than the run of the mill shop. I'll be prepping the goose neck Sunday. If interested in any of it send me a PM and we can talk.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I'll PM you my number.

I am assuming this is Justin? If your free Saturday. A bunch of us are going to the Wheeling for the Wounded up at Grand Lake (Disney) You can drive your bronco all around that place and watch the hard stuff. That will teach you about suspensions faster than reading. A couple of us should also have some open seats if you want to do an obstacle with us.

Thanks for the invite Kyle. I might take you up on that. My Bronco is currently being worked on at Darrall's but I might jump in a spare seat. I've done some off-roading with a very good friend of mine but it's always in newer cars and we don't actually work on/repair them. Oh, and this is Chad

I'm in the final stages of building my '76 Honda CB750 with a friend down the street. We've been working on it for almost a full year and are to the point where we're just trying to get it tuned for optimum HP. If we aren't working on that Sat, I'll definitely come up.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Steve

I'd be over at Steves... FO SHOW if I lived that close.. :D

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
It is really a long story.... One that I had wrong for a long time. I do plan to make it out there because I have learned a lot from Steve.

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
The week of OCBR I will be working on my junk if you would like to come have a beer or two. I am leaving on Thursday the 26th for Hot Springs!

Levi

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
The week of OCBR I will be working on my junk if you would like to come have a beer or two. I am leaving on Thursday the 26th for Hot Springs!

Levi

That would mean I'm at home.... I'm trying to leave on Saturday morning.;D

That is if I have a truck....... Its supposed to be here before then but I haven't seen it yet.:cry:

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
Id say you could borrow the Super Duty, but I dont want you to blow Gordon's doors off down the highway. And you are not a Ford Guy. Lol

OP
OP
TorchRedTulsan

TorchRedTulsan

Levi

I would. PM me the when and where

As a side note, just left the Dr's office with news that I have a pinched nerve in my neck. May limit my activities a little bit but I can still manage some contributions

OP
OP
TorchRedTulsan

TorchRedTulsan

Got to go out to Steve's shop for a few hours this morning. Really enjoyed getting to talk to him and see his shop. Wish I could've stayed longer but lost track of time and had a previous commitment. Thanks for having me out Steve! Hope I get invited back out sometime soon.

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
I'll be finishing clutch linkage and repainting the body armor this sat or Sunday...have to adjust the breaks on the trailer as well.....I'm in sapulpa your more than welcome to come out....shoot me a PM