• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Oil accumulator on a 351W

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Anyone installed an oil accumulator on your 351W?
Where did you attach your line to the oiling system?
On my Cleveland engines there is an oil galley port on the back of block behind the intake. The windsor engines don't have it.

Attachments

• 23900_part.jpg
    23900_part.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 18

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Either the oil pressure sender port, or put an adapter on the oil filter and plumb into that.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Anyone installed an oil accumulator on your 351W?
Where did you attach your line to the oiling system?
On my Cleveland engines there is an oil galley port on the back of block behind the intake. The windsor engines don't have it.
Give Bailie a call, he is running one

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
For?

So you are going to get out with engine on, close the valve, then get back in and shut off the engine? Then before you start open the valve, then start? Gaining what?

I'm thinking using some lucas low viscosity friction modifier would solve any start up oil issues.
I had it mounted in the cab of my 71 Torino in between the seats. 351C4V, 4speed Toploader. 13.2 in the 1320. street radials

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Mad when NGAbronco had the Crazy Horse he installed on of those in it. Shoot him a pm.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Might consider a small electric oil pump before the accumulator. Very familiar with what they are for, but think a small pump you can hit for 20 seconds would be better easier cheaper option

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Might consider a small electric oil pump before the accumulator. Very familiar with what they are for, but think a small pump you can hit for 20 seconds would be better easier cheaper option
Depends on if you are trying to do a pre-start prime or if you are trying to keep the engine alive when the pickup goes dry.
An electric pump can be made to prime on a pre-start. I know road racers and drifters who run the accusump so the engine will have oil pressure at 6000 RPM when the G-loads push all the oil away from the pickup.