• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Oil pan and gear box

spixican07

Loc.
Houston
I've done quite a few searches and I can't seem to come to a good conclusion on a few things - a little help would be appreciated!

Is the power steering gear box on an F-100 (said any Ford pickup 4x4 except super duty 66-77 in the book) that my local parts store ordered me from A1 Cardone the same as the stock in my '76?

Also, is there any place to get a new oil pan for a 302 that matches the stock style? Mine leaks around the rivets where the dipstick goes in.

Thanks y'all.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
the F150 power steering box will not fit your 76 bronco. There are several options. This is the one I like the most, but there are many other options. It can be hard to find the right 4WD box in Texas. The 2WD box for the worm is a snap. They both use the same rebuild kit, which is like $40. I bought both the boxes on e-bay for $60. You may be able to find the bxes in one of the Houston yards but I had no luck in Dallas.

[http://www.lonestar-ebc.com/Tech/TechItem.asp?TechId=8