• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ok carb guys what do I have?

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I got this rodchester Q jet and I was wondering if it will work well with my 302
the numbers on the side are, 7045583yz 1657 and 7047687.

Bronco043.jpg

Bronco044.jpg

Bronco045.jpg

Bronco046.jpg

Bronco047.jpg

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
awesome I have the adapter plate now I just need a good shop to set it up, I am going to do this right ;D

Broncobowsher

Total hack
a 750 is pretty big for a 302. I think you will find that you will have poor throttle response. just my .02

You are thinking Holley, this is a Quadrajet. You can oversize a quadrajet and it is self regulating. Those tiny primarys will keep it from bogging due to over carb. By calling it a 750 mearly means it could flow 750, not that it ever will. Quadrajets have been run on some fairly small engines out of the factory. I once owned a boat with a 3.8 GM and a quadrajet, all factory stock right down to the overspray on the sparkplugs.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I really hope I can find a shop here in Oceanside that knows these carbs and how to set them up for off road.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
You should check the play in the cross shafts before you spend any money on it. Open the throttle slightly and try to wiggle the shafts front to rear and see how much play you have. They can be fixed but it is just more money. If you can find one that the id number that starts with 1 rather the 7 it will be newer and less wear, hopefully.

750cfm Qjets were used on 305 Chevys. Not much difference is size between a 302 and a 305.

http://www.jetchip.com/JET_Carburetors.asp

gjrock

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Anacortes,WA
I have a BC Jet performance Q-jet,they do great work.Find a GM store that has some old master techs that have been wrenching for years.I work at a Gm store and a lot of the techs are great with Qjets.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Worst case if it doesnt work well it will work good as a door prop. Just bolt it on it will either run or it wont. You'll either like it or hate it. Once its running then check your plugs and consider its driveability then if its not quite right you might want to take it to someone to tune but really if you do it yourself at least you'll be familiar with your carb when you start having problems and at some time you will have a problem.