• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ok now I'm pissed

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
the seal I got for my front output shaft on my dana 20 was tooo big where the hell do I order this thing from!!!!!!?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Any of you clowns care to throw a part number at him? Apparently his local parts guy sucks and needs to be bottle fed part numbers instead of year, make, model.

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
I think there are two different seals. Depending if its a t-shift or a j-shift.
I think front and rear are the same on a t-shift. Where as on a j-shift the front seal and rear seal are different.

Here is what I pulled up on advance auto parts website

Part No. 473229 BCA Bearings Oil Seal
Front; Spicer 20 2 Speed Part Time Transfer Case; 2nd Design $7.24

Part No. 450185 BCA Bearings Oil Seal
Front; Spicer 20 2 Speed Part Time Transfer Case; 1st Design $8.24

Part No. 450185 BCA Bearings Oil Seal
Rear; Spicer 20 2 Speed Part Time Transfer Case $8.24

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Any of you clowns care to throw a part number at him? Apparently his local parts guy sucks and needs to be bottle fed part numbers instead of year, make, model.

This thread is the first in a while that I can actually type LOL or ROTFLMAO and actually mean it. There is copenhagen all over thee monitor and everything. I truly wish I could offer some advice but I can't.

First, threads titled like "Ok, Now I'm Pissed" and "F@#K This Truck!" are totally funny and really the only threads that everyone knows your metal state and "the line" you just crossed.

Second, Mr Bowsher's comment put me into further copenhagen dispensory mode. Thanks for the laugh guys, that is truly money.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Just a note to save a couple of $$. See if you have a local "applied industrial technologies" distributor. They are a bearing and seal distributor that many of the stores and shops use. They will sell to the public. You will need part #'s since they aren't an actual AP store they don't have the reference books.They have any seal or bearing you might need for your bronco. Sometimes you have to get it next day if it's a rare one.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Note the location...what's shipping on a $2.00 seal from Peru? %)

72Sport

Bronco Guru
My partial book calls out Federal Mogul 450185 Dana 20 66-76. Not sure why it doesn't mention 77.

There is an industrial seal that is wider and has a smaller id but I don't have the number handy. I put one in mine to stop a leak that wouldn't give up.

Corrected bad #.

Last edited:

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
way to go broncoman ..good job part No.s and prices from across America can't cheat me now..........
unless you a dealer..........

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Broncoman you think thats why I ended up with a extra seal in the last kit I ordered? To this day I still dont know where it goes! but all where replaced.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I think so.....T shift t case but that seal fits nowhere? but all were replaced