• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'Ol Blue Build, no longer topless

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
'Ol Blue Build, IT MOVES!!!! (Video Added)

Thanks Guys!

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
'Ol Blue Build, IT MOVES!!!! (Video Added)

Not much progress today but I did get the passenger seat bolted in finally. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368839415.377256.jpg

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Man, its been almost 3 1/2 years since I've updated this thread. A lot has happened in my life during that time but not much at all with the bronco.
Long story short though i lost a wheel on the way to the exhaust shop, burnt up a valve (possibly), then overheated it on the way to tito's house. Went through a divorce, somehow kept the bronco, but haven't touched it in 3 years or more.

Until yesterday that is, i finally got some motivation to start back to work on it the last two days and now I'm tearing the engine down to take a look at whats going on with these heads. Hopefully i can keep the momentum moving forward and finally get this thing done some day!%)%)%)

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
This little guy was a baby the last time I worked on the bronco, now he's turning wrenches with me
3fafe6d5af179f5810217699920fc14d.jpg

Some progress
dd7cda0e7fd4a587fee3d59eb2f2b0c2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
The smile on your son's face is the silver lining to keep you motivated to get that beauty in the road !

Keep plugging away

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Definitely Rox, both kids keep asking me to get it done so I can take them to school in it and so we can take it camping.

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Well I did some work on the bronco today and found my problem, I've got a broken piston so the engine will be coming back out soon. It's frustrating but I'm glad I now know what's wrong so I can push past it .

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Hey man sorry to hear about the hard times! Hopefully things are getting better. In any case, don't know how I missed it but really nice build. Love the color. Hopefully you will get it buttoned back up soon! Sweet ride. Keep the updates comin.

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Thanks 904 and broncoitis. I appreciate the kind words.

Justafordguy, the piston hit a valve, it's been years since I built that engine but I can remember torquing down all those rockers really late at night and I don't know if I rolled the engine over while doing it. At least I can't remember doing it. Either way some of the rocker arms were way too loose when I pulled the valve covers

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
I have a goal to try to get it running again by next month for a camping trip I have planned with my kids. Money is tight now with the divorce but I've got some nice parts that I need to sell and hopefully that will offset some of the cost of this engine rebuild

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Engine build #2

Okay well the bad news, it's been a long time since my last update... good news is I have an update lol. After moving (again), having a shoulder injury that put me out of comission for 6 months, and life, I'm finally back to work on the bronco.

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Well I tore down the engine, got it down to the machine shop and got everything corrected. .03 over, new pistons, block and heads decked, Yada yada yada. Still going back together with a stock rebuild, heads, cam, etc. not looking for a hotrod, just something to reliably get me down the road.

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
I know we all like pictures here so here's the bronco getting settled into the new garage

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
engine block prepped, painted, plugs installed, main bearings awaiting a crankshaft

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 33