• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Old Belleview and Warn Winches

ADNICK

Anyone with an old Belleview or Warn winch found parts source? I need the brake band/shoe...

Or has anyone made a new brake shoe and/or band?

Thanks

robofig

If you have the old band, and it needs to be relined, I know of a clutch shop that can reline it.

OP
OP
A

ADNICK

Yea tried Warn first, they don't even list them anymore...

Great idea about having it relined, I will check local shop...

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
There's also a place in Phoenix... Think its called AZ brake and clutch. I've had them do several jobs for me and the prices are very reasonable.

Juntura

Warn sold all of their old Belleview replacement parts several years ago. They are talked about somewhat regularly on the Landcruiser site Ih8mud.com . I think there may even be a link on the home/tech page, check in there. I believe the guy who bought all of the old stock posts regularly.

I have an old 8274 style and it works like a charm.

BigO

I have not tried to contact them yet, but I have heard that these guys are pretty much the best source of parts (and knowledge) for these old Belleview/Warn winches:

The 4 Wheel Drive Center of Minnesota, Inc
5711 West 36th St.
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
952-927-8811 or 800-328-4445
fax 952-927-4500

I have one of these winches that needs rebuilding one of these days. Just too many other projects right now.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The old bllview I had needed a brake band bad. I had it off and was looking at converting it to disk brake using go cart parts. Just never got to it before I gave the winch away.