• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Old school winch, old school customer service

knack

Contributor
Had a question on the installation of a replacement part on my Warn X8000i. Called the phone number printed on the parts bag, first person that answered the phone at Warn in Clackamas looked up the information and helped me out. No sitting on hold, no series of automated menus, no being told to just look it up online...

Wow! Just like the old days. Actual customer service!

Who knows, maybe it was just a fluke. But Kudos to Warn this time!

lsukevinc

Loc.
Holly Springs
I was given an Old M8000 a few years ago. I needed a few parts from warn to get it back up and running. Once I found the proper part numbers I needed, warn was more than happy to help me out. I want to say I got the winch back running for less than $80 including lube and paint.
Picture%20402_zpsbbckcebw.jpg

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
Its nice to hear about a quality customer service expereicne. When working on thse old rigs often times things don't go perfect, sometimes parts don't work the way we think they should, shipping mistakes & delays, ect.
It has been my expericne that the overwhelming majority of "classic car vendors" are really good to work with.

I have owned several small business' over the years.

One time I was on the phone w/ a credit card company and my expereince was terible, and then got worse. After going through all of the automated crap, then getting put on ignore for several minutes, then getting hung-up on twice, and then going through the whole process again I was finally able to talk to a real person.
As she argued w/ me about their "policy" I was forming an opinion in my mind...and finally told her; "if I ran my business like you do yours, I wouldn't have a business because all my customers would leave me". Eventually we agree'd to disagree and I told her that I had choice's and would make my choice based on a company that apprciated my business. Of course my step was to stop doing business w/ them.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I had been considering going with a cheaper winch, but now it will be a Warn.

That kind of customer service is one of the two things that builds customer loyalty.
The other being a good product in the first place.