• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Omg Omg Omg Omg Bestop!!

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
I just got off the phone with Tanya at Bestop! She told me that Bestop is discontinuing the Bronco soft-top. Someone please give them a call and verify this. She also stated they only had black ones left. I asked her about repacement panels for those of you that have them. She said that is not an option.

I really find this difficult to believe or digest and I don't even have a Bestop. Call:

Toll Free: (800) 845-3567

Last edited:

77Red

Loc.
Arlington, TX
I am considering buying a soft-top so i called to see what was going on. The girl I spoke with said they don't have any plans to stop making the tops for 66-77 Broncos but will only be making them in black. Hopefully she was right.

-Jason

OP
OP
HotWheels

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
77Red said:
...Hopefully she was right.

-Jason

I hate it when ppl dont know what's going on :mad: . I was jsut asking if they were ever going to offer one in the spice color?:? . I called her back. She was confused.:-X It was the SNAP (aka tigertop) version they discontinued; and yes BLACK in now the ONLY option. Black is NOT an option were the sun is out EVERYDAY:cry: .

Sry for the alarm. But Bestop personnel did alarm me....:eek:

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Well, I called them as well! After my fiasco with STC, I planned on buying a bestop. More to the story is that they used to have a white top and quit making it. Then they had a black top with clear windows ( super top) that is the one that they have quit making as well (today). The only bronco top available from Bestop is now the black supertop with dark tinted windows.

Ben

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
By the way, if you missed it? STC makes the only white one but it's not stamped vinyl but a type of sail cloth material? Supposed to be the same as the material that is used on the new mustangs? The other thing I don't like about STC is the hardware is plain aluminum and not powdercoated.

Ben

OP
OP
HotWheels

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
Sailcloth is a easier to clean, more durable and quieter material. I dont see this as an issue. I do take issue with the STC requiring drillin a approx. 1/2 hole in the door jamb and zippers on the STC are terrible korean cheap crap.

These factors are the main reason I'm waiting for Chuck's top. If this doesnt come to reality then the hard-top goes back on and and a/c unit will be installed.

sry to rant..

It would jsut be nice to have a top that would mean never having to use the hard-top again. BC bronco, as I see it, is the ONLY option.

77Red

Loc.
Arlington, TX
HotWheels said:
BC bronco, as I see it, is the ONLY option.

Yes, the more I look at tops the more true your statement becomes. From everything I've read and seen, the Bestop or STC tops leave something to be desired. The can-back was the best available and it looks like BC's is going to be even better than that. Please let there be a tan/spice option for that one.

-Jason

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Hotwheel, you can get around drilling the hole for the top. Just make a small tab and drill a hole through each end then bolt it through the last hard top hole extending it to the door. It would be a good idea to put a rubber nipple on the door jamb side to keep it from rubbing paint off your truck. I have seen this done quite a few times and it works slick! In fact I really don't know why STC hasn't figured this out.

Ben

Paco

Loc.
Pueblo, CO
Saddleup,

I see a new addition to your line up at BroncoCovers.com!!! You can take the best of both tops and combine them into "Rick's Super Top"

Dark Star

Loc.
Central USA
HotWheels said:
I just got off the phone with Tanya at Bestop! She told me that Bestop is discontinuing the Bronco soft-top. Someone please give them a call and verify this. She also stated they only had black ones left. I asked her about repacement panels for those of you that have them. She said that is not an option.

I really find this difficult to believe or digest and I don't even have a Bestop. Call:

Toll Free: (800) 845-3567

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO! Wrong!!!!! They stopped making the white & black tops with clear windows. I talked with them a week ago, asked the girl
on the other end about Early Bronco tops, she said "We don't carry anything for them" I said sure you do she said nope, I checked the computer, nothing there. Hung up and called back asked to speak with someone else, can't remember his name, but he told me exaclty what I said at the begining of this paragraph. I told him that the girl said you didn't carry them, he said they make a few mistake now & then. I'd say more than a few.........................

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Crazy, the lady I talked to went and talked with several other people after taking awhile to look them up. And she said that they are only making the black soft top with dark tint windows. No other tops available. If you are right I guess I need to start saving my pennies for the can back or BCB version of the Can bak.

Ben

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Paco said:
Saddleup,

I see a new addition to your line up at BroncoCovers.com!!! You can take the best of both tops and combine them into "Rick's Super Top"
Maybe.... What does everyone consider the "Best of Both Tops"? I do have a few ideas I've tossed back and forth but I would rather hear some from others first before I decide whether to jump into something like this or not.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I wouldn't mind seeing something like the Can-bak with removal side/rear curtains and still have the integrated roof carrier. In the past I haven't taken the top completely off anyway. It would need tinted windows as well both side and rear.

Ben

Dark Star

Loc.
Central USA
bigmuddy said:
Crazy, the lady I talked to went and talked with several other people after taking awhile to look them up. And she said that they are only making the black soft top with dark tint windows. No other tops available. If you are right I guess I need to start saving my pennies for the can back or BCB version of the Can bak.

Ben

Well I know for a fact after talking with them and one other person that the only top they sell is the Supertop with tinted windows.
Now the canback is a real nice looking top, but I can't even begin to justify the massive amount of money that thing is going to cost, no matter how well it looks or is made. I could get 3 or 4 STC or Bestops for that amount and those have windows to see out when driving. Canback w/o windows is big bucks for us PO folks, then you have to pay even more just to get side windows? Also they kinda make the Bronco look like a Landrover UGH!!!.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
SaddleUp said:
Maybe.... What does everyone consider the "Best of Both Tops"? I do have a few ideas I've tossed back and forth but I would rather hear some from others first before I decide whether to jump into something like this or not.
Best of both? The design, looks and fit of STC and the quality of Bestop.

blu72

Loc.
Forney, Tx
I think the Bestop looks the best with the windows zipped out, the STC looks funny to me with the windows out...