• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

One man tub removal

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I did it again, expected to have some hands available but when I was ready no one was home or around the neighborhood. The tub dolly I made the 1st time was occupied with half a tub so I couldn't use it. (see pic)

Well, I did have my son Taz help me pull the rolling frame while I made sure everything cleared. I need to get the parts out, 9" rear belongs to a friend and the frame is going to another friend in a trade. My 77 dana44 I sold last year (I got back in a trade for an earlier year d44 with new brakes) was put on to keep it rolling. The inverted y linkage I gave to another EB owner who needed them in an emergency to rescue his rig that he had to leave behind in the mountains because his linkages got messed up in a rut. I found out this morning that he recovered his rig and drove it home with the the parts I gave him, he is very happy and that made me feel good to help a fellow EB owner out.

Attachments

• DSC01050.JPG
    DSC01050.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC01051.JPG
    DSC01051.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC01052.JPG
    DSC01052.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 194
  • tub off 2nd.jpg
    tub off 2nd.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 174

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Looks like your turning your son into a mule! ;D Good job. You might want to get some under the front to keep it from sagging too much.

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
ken75ranger said:
You might want to get some under the front to keep it from sagging too much.
Yes, I noticed that and watched it carefully making sure I had no time under it.
The stands had to be placed far apart to allow the rear wheels to pass by.
I later lowered the tub and placed the stands closer towards the center.

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
I had the same problem so I lifted off my body by myself with my engine puller, rolled it to where I wanted it and set it on saw horses. Beware your body must be totaly gutted and in good condition. or it will bend.

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
You are getting pics of Taz that will be priceless in a few years. He looks like he is more than happy to help ole Dad. What are you going to do with the tub? How many Ebs do you have?

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
You need all of us to come there and build you a garage!!!

actually my buddy and his wife are there on vacation.......maybe they should sneek by and take some pictures LOL

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
myscott22 said:
I had the same problem so I lifted off my body by myself with my engine puller, rolled it to where I wanted it and set it on saw horses. Beware your body must be totaly gutted and in good condition. or it will bend.
myscott,
You must be new here, I did it that way before this. Check it out here; Tub removal with engine hoist
I mentioned that the dolly was occupied with half a tub, you can see it in the back of the picture, it's under the black 77 tub.
Welcome to the best EB site on the web.
madgyver

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Flash69 said:
You are getting pics of Taz that will be priceless in a few years. He looks like he is more than happy to help ole Dad. What are you going to do with the tub? How many Ebs do you have?

Yes, He's going to love these pictures...
Tub is going on the 77 frame on the left side in the pic which I'm working to stretch the wheel base.

To answer you question about "How many I now have?" You can count them in this pic.

Attachments

• DSC01043.JPG
    DSC01043.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 91

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
Madgyver said:
Yes, He's going to love these pictures...

To answer you question about "How many I now have?" You can count them in this pic.

....this begs the question......(probably been asked and answered)....but don't your neighbors say anything? In my neighborhood a vehicle has to have current registration - even in my own yard/drive. ....just curious

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
Madgyver said:
myscott,
You must be new here, I did it that way before this. Check it out here; Tub removal with engine hoist
I mentioned that the dolly was occupied with half a tub, you can see it in the back of the picture, it's under the black 77 tub.
Welcome to the best EB site on the web.
madgyver

Yep Mad, New here and not enough time to look alot. Thanks for the Welcome. My EB is underconstruction too, buy only have one.
Scott

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
j.r.nice said:
....this begs the question..but don't your neighbors say anything?
I know one thing for sure, They're not saying anything to me......

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Madgyver said:
I know one thing for sure, They're not saying anything to me......
Same thing happens around here. Gossip! 1/2 my neighbors like to see me working on stuff. The other half think it's not appropriate. Now that everthing is on the road they are all pretty cool. Good thing for me the mayor owns a body shop and thinks it's ok. :cool: