• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

one piece insert with wild child hinge?

4x4x289

has anyone installed wild horse one piece door inserts with wildchild lift off door hinges? installing(aligning) lift off hinges is a pita so i'd rather keep them installed and notch the inserts if possible. has anyone done this? what kind of a hack job does it require?

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
This is a good question......SOmething I plan to do but likely with homemade lift off hinges as I can't afford them nice ones!!!!!
Someone else has to have had this thought.......
Anyone?
Bueller??
Thanks
Chris

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
I had the same problem (aligning the hinges is a pain)so i cut the inserts to clear the hinges....looks fine to me...I just used a drimel tool with a small cuttoff wheel,piece of cake

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

you did this with the new one piece inserts?

bronco-billy-66 said:
I had the same problem (aligning the hinges is a pain)so i cut the inserts to clear the hinges....looks fine to me...I just used a drimel tool with a small cuttoff wheel,piece of cake

Slapdad

Loc.
Houston, TX
inserts...

I would love to see some inserts that you can just pop onto the hinges and close, like the regular doors. I did see one orange Bronco at the SEMA show (via Bronco Driver), that had full doors modified to look almost like an insert, but it still opened and closed. It was pretty slick.

cdkaminsky

Loc.
Pflugerville
Slapdad said:
I would love to see some inserts that you can just pop onto the hinges and close, like the regular doors. I did see one orange Bronco at the SEMA show (via Bronco Driver), that had full doors modified to look almost like an insert, but it still opened and closed. It was pretty slick.

I saw this on a different thread ....it is Paul Piazzas new EB
picture of eb

in the thread he said the PO cut door to look like inserts.....

Not sure oh cost effective this would be...just an idea...

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Yea, cut off wheel, 5 minutes of work, hinges stay on the body inserts pop in around them.

I couldn't see the benifit of lift off door hinges if I had to unbolt them to put the door inserts in.

Attachments

• insert.JPG
    insert.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 77

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
Broncobowsher said:
Yea, cut off wheel, 5 minutes of work, hinges stay on the body inserts pop in around them.

I couldn't see the benifit of lift off door hinges if I had to unbolt them to put the door inserts in.

I like that. Man, you just gotta say duh. Should've done that to save ahving to align my doors every fall. :-[

OP
OP
4x4x289

4x4x289

Broncobowsher said:

Perfect. thats what i was looking for. i was worried there wouldn't be enough clearance for the hinge bolt heads and it would turn into be a big hack job.