• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Opinion on heat/sound deader over raptor.

widowmaker77

Contributor
So I guess I jumped the gun on my 66 build. I sprayed my tub bottom and inside with raptor. I have no issue with the raptor, I actually really like it and the look of it. Now after driving my rig a little I’m pretty sure I need some type of insulation on the floors. I’m running an explorer motor with Tom’s long tubs and duffs dual exhaust kit. I have the thick sport rubber mat that Dennis carpenter sells also. I’ve only done a couple of short runs up and down my road but the floors are getting pretty warm.
I’m not against sanding the raptor smooth under my mat to apply something over it.

Just looking to see what type of options I’m looking at here. Definitely don’t want to sand back down to bare metal and start over. Just looking for opinions as to how and what I can use over my raptor.