• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Opinions/experience With Sound Deadeners... Which One???

74 DEATHMACHINE

Hey Fellas, Goin To Be Buying Sound Deadener For My 74 Pretty Soon And Was Just Wondering Which One Works Well And Is Affordable. I've Used Dynamat In The Past But That Stuff Was Crazy Expensive And Didnt Stick Good At All, But That Was About 15 Yrs Ago When It First Came Out. So.... Whatcha Recommend? %) Thanks ! ;d

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Someone wss talking here recently about some stuff that was less expensive, but I don't know if that would qualify as "affordable" yet.
I used Dynamat too and it stuck great in my case. Could it have just been too cold when you applied it? Or some wax on the paint getting in the way perhaps? Maybe just a bad batch.
MIne is VERY quiet, but it's not just Dynamat. I used Quality Heat Shield over the top of it, under carpet. Between the 3 layers of stuff, I'm very happy with the results.
But like you said, it was crazy expensive.

Paul

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
Have you looked on eBay for Dynamat? Lots of vendors on there selling pretty much everything in the product line.

Not what you could call "cheap," but maybe somewhat-less-than-crazy expensive.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I just used Hushmat on my firewall underneath the firewall insulator. The thing I like about Hushmat is that it is peel and stick, which eliminates the spray glue routine. It comes in black or normal foil and really damps down the metal very well. On the floor and top I am thinking of WHs Racket Jacket, maybe with a little bit of Hushmat here and there underneath in trouble spots like the wheel wells.

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
ever notice how quiet the 88 on up Tbirds are? I saved a floor sound deadener from an 88 and it weighs over 100 lbs and is about 1 inch thick

6daze

I used fatmat in a couple places. It is much more affordable on amazon.com

So far I am happy with it. Ask Graffico.

brocken

Loc.
Seattle
I used rammat in cars before when I was into the audio scene. i don't know if that company is still in business.

For those that have the damper material installed do you have problems with moisture or rust underneath? That would be my concern with installed a mat.
There's also a couple of spray on products that are supposed to work pretty well.