• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Optima

OptimaJim

Hi airbur, the YellowTop you attempted to recharge does not sound like it will hold a charge and should probably be recycled. If the isolated YellowTop was used to power high-demand auxiliary electrical needs, it should be replaced with another YellowTop, as RedTops are not designed or warrrantied for deep-cycle applications. It also doesn't hurt to periodically check voltage levels to ensure proper charging, especially in vehicles with isolated batteries.

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
www.facebook.com/optimabatteries

willtel

My 10 month old YellowTop is now dead. I drove my Bronco last Friday for about 30 miles, the charging system is new and working fine. I got in the truck last night and it turned the engine over about 5 times and that was it.

I'm over this high maintenance junk and will be putting an Odyssey in as a replacement. If Optima were the only battery maker left I would convert it over to a hand crank.

Jerseydevil

Loc.
West Chester PA
I recently put a red top in my 99 prelude, because it looks cool and I hear good things about them. I also bought a yellow top for $75.00. It was brand new but marked down because it had a tiny burn mark on it. It is going into my bronco. Ill post an update when and if it is warranted. Good day all