• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ordering today

msmith

The dealer called Thursday saying that they were ready to put the order in for my reservation. Since I recently bought a 77 I told my wife she could have my res. We built a Big Bend and an OB set up exactly the same and there isn't $500 difference. She is giving the dealer the specs today. I'm kinda stoked even though it's going to be her's.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Called my dealer and was advised I was #181 out of 71 they have allocated. OOOPS!:eek:

I ask how that's going to work and he said some they are calling are cancelling, others are waiting for '22 model, etc. I HOPE I still get to order mine. Spec'd out a Big Bend also after starting out thinking we wanted a Black Diamond.

Norm

OP
OP
msmith

msmith

Called my dealer and was advised I was #181 out of 71 they have allocated. OOOPS!:eek:

I ask how that's going to work and he said some they are calling are cancelling, others are waiting for '22 model, etc. I HOPE I still get to order mine. Spec'd out a Big Bend also after starting out thinking we wanted a Black Diamond.

Norm

I was originally going to get a Black Diamond but since this is going to be for my sweetie, she liked the BB & OB. She ended up with the Big Bend. There wasn’t $500 difference once she got them outfitted the way she liked but she preferred the look of the seats in the BB so that’s what she ordered.

She’s going to be one of the first to get one around here

Hope you’re able to get one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The dealer called Thursday saying that they were ready to put the order in for my reservation. Since I recently bought a 77 I told my wife she could have my res. We built a Big Bend and an OB set up exactly the same and there isn't $500 difference. She is giving the dealer the specs today. I'm kinda stoked even though it's going to be her's.

Nice.. Congrats. Long as it's in the family, maybe she'll let you drive it on occasion too ha

Norm

Hopefully it'll work out in the end for ya...

70 sport WA

Contributor
Well...I just put in a reservation today. Not an order, a reservation. We'll see how it works out.

Was thinking about leasing one--I've done that with vehicles for the past six years, three years at a time, and like it. But considering that I've had my '70 for 16 years or so and owned one for 30 years off and on, suppose I'll be happy buying a newer one for years.

My 85 year old dad got a reservation in very early. Like the first day. I thought he was just doing it as a "ha ha" to me, trying to get my attention but planning to cancel. I talked with him yesterday and it sounds like he's really getting it.

I guess I've made him jealous all these years :)

OP
OP
msmith

msmith

Nice.. Congrats. Long as it's in the family, maybe she'll let you drive it on occasion too ha

LOL. It'll be her daily driver and I will do the driving when we go on trips. The tentative plan is for it to be hers and when it's time for her to trade vehicles, I'll take it over as a daily driver/fishing truck. In the mean time I have my Superduty and my 77...and a 93 but I think it's going down the road in the near future.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"My 85 year old dad got a reservation in very early. Like the first day. I thought he was just doing it as a "ha ha" to me, trying to get my attention but planning to cancel. I talked with him yesterday and it sounds like he's really getting it."

That is too cool!:cool:

ngsd

Bronco Guru
My wife looked at my reservation confirmation and said, hey I will drive that. Then she started asking about back up cameras, keyless entry, heated seats.... I told her to keep her Lexus......

Projp

My wife looked at my reservation confirmation and said, hey I will drive that. Then she started asking about back up cameras, keyless entry, heated seats.... I told her to keep her Lexus......

If you loved her you would get the "Lux" package.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
If you loved her you would get the "Lux" package.

Funny thing was, I did not realize the Lux package was available when I placed the order as my screen only showed up to the High package. I had to scroll over to bring up the additional page. I am glad I didn't see it! Realistically, i wanted amenities but at the same time want to use it on trails so I opted for the Marine grade Vinyl which I know she wouldn't want either.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
My wife asked the same questions, I just handed her the computer and told her to go to town. She's going to be driving it anyway.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Placed our order yesterday for the wife's Bronco :) Thankfully we were #1 allocated out of 149 reservations at the dealer. We did do some late availability options (Black painted dual top, 2.7, leather etc.) so would be happy if it's here by my Birthday in September! Pretty excited to have an old one and a new one...

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The number in the allocation means nothing at this point, If you order a "withheld" item like the 2.7, or a colored top, they may not be available...when they come available, you'll get it. Ford will not "hold up the line" waiting for your parts, they will build others with parts available.

txpd

Waiting to pick up the Bronco Sport this morning there was a couple in their 70s to 80 finishing up their Bronco order. Watching them walk on the way out I am wondering how they will get in and out of it?

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
The number in the allocation means nothing at this point, If you order a "withheld" item like the 2.7, or a colored top, they may not be available...when they come available, you'll get it. Ford will not "hold up the line" waiting for your parts, they will build others with parts available.
Yep, exactly as I expected, but should still be MY2021

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL. It'll be her daily driver and I will do the driving when we go on trips. The tentative plan is for it to be hers and when it's time for her to trade vehicles, I'll take it over as a daily driver/fishing truck. In the mean time I have my Superduty and my 77...and a 93 but I think it's going down the road in the near future.

you are GOOD to go for sure then :cool:

70 sport WA

Contributor
Waiting to pick up the Bronco Sport this morning there was a couple in their 70s to 80 finishing up their Bronco order. Watching them walk on the way out I am wondering how they will get in and out of it?

I can imagine. I'd think the same.

BUT...my dad is 85 and getting a non-sport (what do we call that? A regular one?) and plans to drive it. He's in good shape and has a a variety of cars, including a 20's model A. Very knowledgeable about cars and surprises me a lot.