• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Overall Opinion of Ford's Handling of the 2021 Release/ Ordering/ ETC?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
It is pretty easy to criticize but the reality is that we really don't know what or why the reasons are for sure. I would bet Ford would love to be pumping these out as fast as possible and they probably did not have Covid on their mind when all of this started. I do like the fact that they are controlling the dealer gouging practices and to me that is a good move. I will patiently wait as I have plenty of cars to get me where I need to be. I have seen a lot worse from other car companies.

Wish they would try to control those prices on the 22s too

1buckeyefan1

So I've been trying to stay positive with this, I have more patience with most things than the average person does. After reading some released info from Granger Ford, about info they received from Ford, there's going to be a lot of pissed folks and canceled orders imo.

So as of now reservation time stamps mean nothing........order dates mean nothing.........if you were fortunate to get a sweet dealer priority code order you're gold no matter your, reservation time or order date or build specs........if you ordered a high end build you're most likely not going to have it anytime soon.......if you bought a four door base stripped 2.3l you'll most likely be one of the first to get a bronco.

I understand parts shortages.....I don't understand the priority builds that were reserved and ordered late using up parts over previous orders. 3000 Ford dealers in the US, if each gets one or two property builds, plus the dealer demo builds I would think that would push thousands of normal orders into 2022....even though they reserved first night and ordered first day. If I'm getting this wrong share what you know, thanks.

I don't think anyone is saying reservation timestamp means nothing (yet). I don't think Ford or anyone else said that order/conversion date mattered. Heck, my dealer screwed mine up twice and had to replace my order, re-attach to my reservation, etc. If you've ever been to Disney, or any amusement park that sells a 'fast pass'.. that is all you see now. Yes, you may have been first in line, but someone got their dealer to cash in a favor and got a priority build, bypassing the queue.

Now when it comes to part availability, FE's, etc.. it seems to be a crapshoot, completely hinging on your order and the options that may not be readily available. Seems like the 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, and Tow Package may be constrained now? So from what i gather, Ford is going down the list of FE's, then orders vs. availability and your reservation date is the tiebreaker between you vs. Joe Bronco?

IMO, dealer allocations and what # you're in line at your dealer probably makes the most impact at this point (the only build priority that matters now is 1-2). When I placed my reservation, i shopped around quite a bit and found smalltown dealer that only had 2 allocations and I was #1 out of 2 (day 2 timestamp, #10 priority now vs. #11 for the other guy). We'll see what impact that has.. they only got one priority build and used it for their showroom rig. But i'd be more nervous if you were out of the thousands that went to granger, or out of hundreds at your local big dealer.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Guys I think was taken wrong. I bleed Ford blue and have nothing but fords in my driveway at home and work. Just disappointed in the amount of time this whole bronco thing has taken. I do like the look of the bronco on the screen and paper, but I am a hands on guy. I want to touch feel see with my eyes what I am spending $50K on. The fact that ford hyped this so much then whatever happened to drag it out is disappointing. And having to wait another year to actually get one kind of sucks. I am looking forward to people on this board getting theirs and giving real world feed back. I am not bashing the new bronco just think the whole thing from concept to release was way longer than it should have been. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
The Bronco should have been released first, no matter the time line imo. Then throw the Bronco Sport out there for those who were tired of waiting, didn't want to spend the money on the Bronco, etc. They could have sold a lot more Bronco Sports imo. As far as seeing, touching and riding in, I've to see or hear of anyone that's been disappointed, that includes extreme early bronco fans as well.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The Bronco should have been released first, no matter the time line imo. Then throw the Bronco Sport out there for those who were tired of waiting, didn't want to spend the money on the Bronco, etc. They could have sold a lot more Bronco Sports imo. As far as seeing, touching and riding in, I've to see or hear of anyone that's been disappointed, that includes extreme early bronco fans as well.

for sure brother....

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
In for a penny, in for a pound. It has been a cluster, but I will wait it out and get my new Bronco sometime this year (fingers crossed, not holding breath).

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I'd encourage everyone to check your Ford account even if you've not ordered. I expect that there will be more, but folks are starting to find that their dealer ordered for them without telling them. One recent one was FE guy, made an early reservation but had yet to order. On a whim he checked on his Ford status only to find that it HAD been ordered. Not only that but it had been converted from a two door to a four door, and the color had been changed as well. To top it off, they added $10k to the price lol. Go check out your reservation/order status.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'd encourage everyone to check your Ford account even if you've not ordered. I expect that there will be more, but folks are starting to find that their dealer ordered for them without telling them. One recent one was FE guy, made an early reservation but had yet to order. On a whim he checked on his Ford status only to find that it HAD been ordered. Not only that but it had been converted from a two door to a four door, and the color had been changed as well. To top it off, they added $10k to the price lol. Go check out your reservation/order status.

that's a biggie right there.. color change Oh hell naw

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
This...… :)

Attachments

• newBdelayed.jpg
    newBdelayed.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 10

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Ford does not have a corner on the frustration market.
I ordered Ram Power Wagon last year. My salesman gave me an estimated time to build which seemed to be close to what I have done in the past. After the estimated time was well past I checked in to see what was going on. After quite a while we found my truck at the factory parking lot. I had ordered the bed step which they had a recall on and didn't have the new improved ones in stock yet. I think that if I had not told them to eliminate the bed step it would still be in the lot. It then had to be sent to the consolidation area half way across the county and then shipped to my dealer.

The Power Wagon is bad ass. Wish it had the Cummins option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Projp

The Power Wagon is bad ass. Wish it had the Cummins option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It comes with the 6.4 gas which is amazing. I like it much better than the diesels I have owned for offroad. The diesel would be nice for towing but the Power Wagon is not designed for towing.

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
It comes with the 6.4 gas which is amazing. I like it much better than the diesels I have owned for offroad. The diesel would be nice for towing but the Power Wagon is not designed for towing.

One of the guys I hunt with has one and I'm pretty impressed with it. It rides really well I thought. He bought it just out of curiosity I think. He pulled the decals off.

IMG_2103.jpg

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Far to much to invest if they decide to make their own chips. The industry will write it off as act of god, take the tax writeoff, and buy chips when they start making them.