• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Overall Bronco Height? How tall are you?

joshd1971bronco

Loc.
Oklahoma City, OK
Hey guys,

I'm starting the build of my 76 Bronco Sport and thought of a simple question:

How tall is my rig going to be? Will it fit in my garage?

I'm planning on running a 3.5 inch suspension lift, 1 inch body lift, and 33-inch (advertised) tires. However, I may end up switching to 35's.

I did a search on 'overall height' and didn't turn up much.

So, can you guys share your vehicle specs (lift and tire size) and overall height?

Thanks!

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
Not sure of the exact height but mine has a 3-1/2" susp. lift + 2" body lift and 35" tires and mine fits under my 7' garage door with a few inches to spare. I also have a hardtop on mine.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
My 76' has 35" BFG's, 3 1/2" suspension lift, with a 2" body lift. It measures 6'5" to the top of the STC soft top riser.

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
36" TSLs, 2 1/2" SL, 3"BL (yeah I know, not the best set up - I'll get to it...), glass tub (lighter, sits a little taller than steel) - 85" tall. Garage is 84" and the door hangs down an inch or so more. I can get it in the garage if I air down to about 18 psi and shove the door a little higher.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Mine clears my garage by about 1". Something I didn't take into consideration though, snow. If theres more than an inch of compacted snow in my driveway I'll hit the top of the garage. Put a nice scratch in my hardtop last summer trying to get out and play after 6" of snow fell the night before.

fromme

Loc.
Suffolk, VA
Hey guys,

I'm starting the build of my 76 Bronco Sport and thought of a simple question:

How tall is my rig going to be? Will it fit in my garage?

I'm planning on running a 3.5 inch suspension lift, 1 inch body lift, and 33-inch (advertised) tires. However, I may end up switching to 35's.

I did a search on 'overall height' and didn't turn up much.

So, can you guys share your vehicle specs (lift and tire size) and overall height?

Thanks!

As long as you have a standard 7' garage door opening you'll be fine. I have a 5.5" lift on 36" TSLs with a soft top and I have about 1/4" clearance. :eek: The hard top had more clearance than the soft top, but I still barely fit.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Mine clears my garage by about 1". Something I didn't take into consideration though, snow. If theres more than an inch of compacted snow in my driveway I'll hit the top of the garage. Put a nice scratch in my hardtop last summer trying to get out and play after 6" of snow fell the night before.

Bout the same here, couple inches to spare, 7' garage, 33" All Terrains, 4 1/2 lift

fromme

Loc.
Suffolk, VA
36" TSLs, 2 1/2" SL, 3"BL (yeah I know, not the best set up - I'll get to it...), glass tub (lighter, sits a little taller than steel) - 85" tall. Garage is 84" and the door hangs down an inch or so more. I can get it in the garage if I air down to about 18 psi and shove the door a little higher.

Good point on the garage door. On occasion the opener is flaky and won't pull the bottom of the door past the opening. Have to look at it closely before I pull in.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
My 67 is 6' 5" tall. It has 33" tires 3.5" suspension lift, 1" body lift and the hard top on. Mine may be a little low because my springs are old.

AGShelby

Loc.
San Antonio, Texas
Height

I have a 2.5" suspension lift, 1" body - and 33" tires. I wanted to go higher with my lift and tires - but didn't want to park outside ... I decided for a mostly street truck that it was plenty high with this combo.

With my softop I have less than 1" of clearance going into my garage. Keep in mind that the driveway is probably not level going up to the garage - so your truck will be entering at an angle. You can't just measure the height - you need to take into account the position of the truck as it enters the garage.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
'Bout 79 1/2" with 3.5 suspension, 2 body, and 35 BFGs. Ain't getting any closer with my old 7' door. She's threadin' the needle, but she fits without airing down. ;)

Hoochdog

I have a 5.5" suspension lift, 2" body lift, and 37" MT's, overall height at about 85".

bax

Contributor
Old Member
37's w 3 1/2'' spring and 3'' body. it will not go into the 7' garage, no way.

neonizagas

Loc.
Minneapolis, MN
5 1/2" suspension lift, 2" body lift, 35" swampers, 1/2 cab! I need to air down rear tires to barely fit with a 7' garage door. This is with new springs and no interior, gas tank or other normal weight.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
5.5" Suspension, 37" Boggers, hard top and no body lift. Fits in the garage perfectly - about 3/4" to spare on the standard garage door height.

It's on dollies at this point, and my Dad is around 6'