• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Overall Opinion of Ford's Handling of the 2021 Release/ Ordering/ ETC?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
So I've been trying to stay positive with this, I have more patience with most things than the average person does. After reading some released info from Granger Ford, about info they received from Ford, there's going to be a lot of pissed folks and canceled orders imo.

So as of now reservation time stamps mean nothing........order dates mean nothing.........if you were fortunate to get a sweet dealer priority code order you're gold no matter your, reservation time or order date or build specs........if you ordered a high end build you're most likely not going to have it anytime soon.......if you bought a four door base stripped 2.3l you'll most likely be one of the first to get a bronco.

I understand parts shortages.....I don't understand the priority builds that were reserved and ordered late using up parts over previous orders. 3000 Ford dealers in the US, if each gets one or two property builds, plus the dealer demo builds I would think that would push thousands of normal orders into 2022....even though they reserved first night and ordered first day. If I'm getting this wrong share what you know, thanks.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Its a cluster for sure, I'm waiting to order in 22, but I don't expect it anytime soon when I do order. I guess COVID screwed everything up and the number of people who wanted the NB. I read yesterday that Ford is halting production of the Mustang for a time due to shortage. F150 is being built without a certain part, don't remember what it was. But maybe I'm missing it but I don't recall hearing of other MFG having issues getting parts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
I could handle one, maybe two significant hiccups with a vehicle order before I'd seriously consider changing course.

Covid is a legitimate reason though, so that does throw a wrinkle in normal logic provided it really is the reason for the problems and not simply being used as a catchall excuse.

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dont mind waiting, the more I wait, the less the monthly payment will be...

Projp

Could Ford have done better on the roll out? Yes. Happy customers come from under promising and over delivering.
We went to a restaurant last night and they said it would be 45 minutes to be seated. When they called our name after 30 we were pleasantly surprised. They probably knew all along that we were about 30 min. out.

Time stamps still are relevant, not just the ONLY thing.

If you don't have the parts you cannot assemble the vehicle.

Priority builds are not fair, but when I bought fleet trucks for my business I would hope that my purchase of multiple vehicles every year would mean something over the customer that might only buy once in a lifetime.

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Northwest Suburbs, Chicago
I haven't heard a peep from the dealer that took my 1k deposit. Nothing from Ford either. But it seems to be the way of the world. Very few companies have good customer service. And the bigger they are the worse the customer service seems to be. I bought two new Lexus last year and the customer service for some follow up issues was horrendous. All Lexus kept saying is that we understand your concerns..but then did nothing. I suppose the only real power we have as customers is to spend our money elsewhere.

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Could Ford have done better on the roll out? Yes. Happy customers come from under promising and over delivering.
We went to a restaurant last night and they said it would be 45 minutes to be seated. When they called our name after 30 we were pleasantly surprised. They probably knew all along that we were about 30 min. out.

Time stamps still are relevant, not just the ONLY thing.

If you don't have the parts you cannot assemble the vehicle.

Priority builds are not fair, but when I bought fleet trucks for my business I would hope that my purchase of multiple vehicles every year would mean something over the customer that might only buy once in a lifetime.

The way I understand the time stamp relevancy now, is that if they have the parts for a particular build, they take all those eligible builds and then go by the time stamp to determine the order those builds.

Projp

I haven't heard a peep from the dealer that took my 1k deposit. Nothing from Ford either. But it seems to be the way of the world. Very few companies have good customer service. And the bigger they are the worse the customer service seems to be. I bought two new Lexus last year and the customer service for some follow up issues was horrendous. All Lexus kept saying is that we understand your concerns..but then did nothing. I suppose the only real power we have as customers is to spend our money elsewhere.

Ford does not have a corner on the frustration market.
I ordered Ram Power Wagon last year. My salesman gave me an estimated time to build which seemed to be close to what I have done in the past. After the estimated time was well past I checked in to see what was going on. After quite a while we found my truck at the factory parking lot. I had ordered the bed step which they had a recall on and didn't have the new improved ones in stock yet. I think that if I had not told them to eliminate the bed step it would still be in the lot. It then had to be sent to the consolidation area half way across the county and then shipped to my dealer.

Projp

The way I understand the time stamp relevancy now, is that if they have the parts for a particular build, they take all those eligible builds and then go by the time stamp to determine the order those builds.

That is also what have heard.
My dealer is fairly knowledgeable but I am pretty sure I know more about what is going on than he does.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Overall eggh… but that first day / reveal was pretty cool...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

WTH, you had to give the $1K on top of the $100 reservation?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Ford screwed up just about everything in my opinion with the new bronco launch. They waited way to long to decide to actually built it. I think the concept came out in 2004? And people were hyped about it then, Jeep sales went crazy over the last ten years and ford watched? Then this over top slow roll out is just crazy, I know Covid happened but they were having issues before covid.
I did not preorder or order one yet. I am not going to put down my money on something I cant even see in person or take for a drive. I hope it will be worth the wait, and once my local dealer has one and I can look at it and take it for a drive I may order one up. My wife needs a new truck and I would love to buy Ford again but after this and the issues with the explorer roll out I am not sure what to do!

honeybee

Loc.
Madera
It is what it is...

The way I see it is this...nobody HAS to buy one. If you want one, wait through all of the drama and get one. If you are totally disgruntled with the whole process, don't buy one! It really is that simple.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Nothing against you @ep67bro , but don't buy one. I'm buying one either way, I think they knocked it out of the park. Sure there has been hiccups, some of it on them sure. But somethings not in their control. I'm a member at Bronco6g and I'm blown away at the number of people who pick at this and pick at that. I'm blown away by the amount of people who think a mass produced vehicle is being built for you.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
It is pretty easy to criticize but the reality is that we really don't know what or why the reasons are for sure. I would bet Ford would love to be pumping these out as fast as possible and they probably did not have Covid on their mind when all of this started. I do like the fact that they are controlling the dealer gouging practices and to me that is a good move. I will patiently wait as I have plenty of cars to get me where I need to be. I have seen a lot worse from other car companies.

RM70

Contributor
Loc.
Huntsville, AL
I'm a member at Bronco6g and I'm blown away at the number of people who pick at this and pick at that. I'm blown away by the amount of people who think a mass produced vehicle is being built for you.

Mustang6g is the same way, I just go over there now to browse for spy shots and that's it.