• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Overweight or featherweight? EB weights- what does yours tip the scales at?

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Here was my result from August -
Had an opportunity to weight it my local feed store.
I have a BC Broncos soft top and about 150-200 pounds of tools/supplies and fuel onboard at the time.
53139934849_5dec4bfb6e_z.jpg
Sure adds up. MIne was 5350# if I remember correctly. Hard to imagine I added 100# every year for an average of 34+Lbs/year for every year I've owned it!!

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Sure adds up. MIne was 5350# if I remember correctly. Hard to imagine I added 100# every year for an average of 34+Lbs/year for every year I've owned it!!
At least it was the bronco and not your waist line 🤣

On a more serious note. I’ve found the trail prepped trucks to weigh 4500-5500# depending on how they are set up. I started gathering weights many years ago to write an article about towing and how many 7000# trailers are over weight. I need to do that…..

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
At least it was the bronco and not your waist line 🤣

On a more serious note. I’ve found the trail prepped trucks to weigh 4500-5500# depending on how they are set up. I started gathering weights many years ago to write an article about towing and how many 7000# trailers are over weight. I need to do that…..

I had a 7k trailer and realized the same thing just moving my mustang around. The bronco (project) was even more noticeable…. Brakes on both axles under a 10k trailer makes a big difference in control and the added length makes setting tongue weight much easier for different vehicle types.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
That would be a great article for the 7k trailers. Mine w/Bronco weighs out at 6950# at 3 different scales. I do not carry anything in my Bronco and try to have less than 10 gal of gas in the Bronco until we get closer to our destination- course 95% of the places we go the gas is less than home so that makes it easier to delay the purchase. With mtrhome we have a few hundred pounds to spare for registered combined weight, GVWR.

Last edited:

Contributor
Mine is definitely going to be on the heavier side when it’s done o_O

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
I only carry 10 gal of potable water in the mtrhome tank also. We barely squeeze in legal weight. Everybody that I've talked to with an F450 mtrhome and Bronco that has weighed in is overweight.