• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pads for supports on stock hood

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Getting ready to restore my stock hood. There are deteriorated pads between the supports and the top skin. What are you all doing to replace those?

OP
OP
Colo77Bronco

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
No, there are foam or rubber pieces of material wedged between the top skin and the support bows that give the hood structural support. Mine are falling out and rotted plus I want to treat any rust in those areas. They would be the equivalent of the roof support bows but under the hood.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA

You guys aren't understanding what he's looking for. He wants to replace the factory pads between the cross supports of the hood and the top skin. As Bitch'nBronco pointed out, they look like pieces of scotchbrite pads.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree with Slowleak. Closed cell neoprene foam comes in many thicknesses and is ideal for isolating/insulating. Will not absorb moisture and very heat/oil resistant.