• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Painless wire phantom push button start

OP
OP
Ethansdad73

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
I would agree with you normally however I am not running a stock dash and have a bit more room.

romerdoug

Sponsor/Vendor
I like the idea and it looks like a nice setup. I'm just not sure it's $635.00 worth of like that i have for it.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
If you have the money and space for it, the question is why not? You know it will be more unique and that's what the fun of this is, making it yours. :)

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
I agree to each his own. That is what is great about the Bronco's is they have the similar look but it is the little things we do or do not do that make them unique and personal. I install one on another build and it worked great and looked good.

OP
OP
Ethansdad73

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
Cost is what it is... Not that I have a fat wallet, its part of the process as with all our toys. For me it adds a little piece of mind as well. Not something most see on a classic... A simple screwdriver wont start it.

RustBeltRefugee

Loc.
Santa Clarita
I am thinking about using one of those systems myself. I thought it would be cool to put in a new wiring harness with the fuse box mounted in the engine compartment and then put this keyless ignition in the engine compartment as well. This way all of the start and ignition wires would not be accessible from the cab, which might be a good theft deterrent if you could lock the hood. However the instructions say not to install this system under the hood likely because it is not rated for the heat. I also don't know of if the system would receive the signal from the the fob if it were mounted in the engine compartment.

Another thought I had was if this system could be installed in a locking box under the dash or somewhere else in the cab. If this could be done in a way to make the ignition wires wires less accessible then it might be a good theft deterrent.

I have also read that some keyless start systems can be hijacked. I don't know how much of a problem this actually or what circumstances would allow this to happen but it might be another factor in the decision.

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
I mounted mine in the bottom of the center console and built a second floor above it so it was out of sight and able to use the center console.