• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Paint Code for 70's Ford Lime Green Metallic

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
As I am almost ready for paint, I am looking for the codes for the 74(ish) Ford "lime green/gold poly" metallic color (it seems to go by several names).

Edit: I think I am looking for "1974 Limestone Green Metallic".

I don't think it was a Bronco color, though, it is more of a light olive green metallic IMO. I like this color as it is retro, and looks like it will give me a few options, allowing me to do black flares and tube bumpers, and a blacked out grill, but will be OK if later on I decide want chrome trim, and that funky bronco pinstriping.

The problem is the chip I like is a Sherwin Williams, which my painter has advised against using I believe it was under Ford 1974, I wrote down the # but damned if I can find it now.

I need a PPG code, and surfing the web hasn't yielded and exact cross reference.

Also, any Bronco pics would be great.

50274.JPG

1974 Limestone Green Metallic
attachment.php

TIA

Last edited:
OP
OP
malcolmzilla

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
Thanks guys! So I'm looking at:

Limestone Green Poly
Medium Lime Green Metallic
Bright Green / Gold Poly

I got the code for a Buick color that is very similar, but of course I wanted to be able to specify a FORD color! ;D

showIMG_5522.jpg

Last edited:

long6002

Loc.
Petoskey
That is a great green. I just painted mine a 1973 Bronco paint called seapine green poly. I used PPG. I can e-mail some pictures to you. Anyways it is different from the color you posted, but it turned out awesome.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This one is about the same color as the green half cab above. Is this close? Lighter or darker thanthis one? I've seen this color mostly on '73 and '74 Broncos.

Blue71

Attachments

• c5_3.jpg
    c5_3.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 171

73-Ranger

Loc.
Dillon SC
Limestone Green Metallic. I am looking at the window sticker for my 1973 Ranger. I will post a pic if someone can tell me how to insert it. Thanks.

Louie

Bronco Guru
This 73 Ranger I just bought is Mallard Green. It's still original paint. I think if you could find a olive type color in metallic it would look great!

Attachments

• green bronco 2.JPG
    green bronco 2.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
This whole thread is getting me down. I wanted that color and ended up with a different color. Oh well. I did catch a pic of a bronco with the new mustang green at OCBR.

Mines the greeny in back.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 136